“Furza Brutta (BAD)” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fuerza Bruta

Fuerza Bruta
More attraction details
Owner description: FUERZA BRUTA is a non-stop collision of dynamic music, visceral emotion, and kinetic aerial imagery. Featuring mind – blowing visual effects that must be seen to be believed – a man running full throttle through a series of moving walls, women frolicking in a watery world suspended just inches above the audience – FUERZA BRUTA: LOOK UP is a theatrical experience that floods the senses. Come experience a 360° heart-pounding theatrical experience!
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Furza Brutta (BAD)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Definitely not my cup of tea. No plot, boring and the actors were having more fun than I was. You definitely need to have a few drinks to see this show inorder to enjoy it. A waste of my money and time.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank grrx65

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What happened? Used to be great!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I saw this show 4 or 5 years ago and it was amazing. Loved it so much I went 3 times. Just saw it again last night and it was terrible! The performers were beyond amateur looking. The pool scene used to be fun and open and now it's giggly and slutty. Yuck. I mean yuck!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank UnicornMeat
Boston, Massachusetts
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“No plot, very loud, uncomfortable setting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I visited my son in new York over the weekend and we wanted to go to a show. I love theatre and enjoy both traditional and non-traditional. I would call this more performance art then theatre. I will give kudos to the performers for their high energy but they are more like dancers and stunt performers than actors. Although the show is unique and high energy I found too many negatives. We were told we would be standing for an hour so I expected that however one does not just stand but has to move around and at one point they want everyone to sit on the floor which I did not do. The floor looks filthy and was covered with debris from the previous confetti and broken syrofoam used in the show.There are strobe lights, gunshots and very very loud horns. I think it is a great disservice to not inform the audience of this in advance as some people who have seizures or trama histories need to know this in advance. There is no plot to this perfomance. I did find the part where a pool is lowered interesting however there were a lot of men "excited" by the half naked women swimming around. About 3/4 through the perfomance the room became a dance party which was more like a rave and I found nothing interesting about it. The music is extremly loud and pulsating. All in all I am sorry I went and it is not just a reflection of my age as my 27 year old son who took me did not like it either and promised that next time we can go to a real show with real seats. I heard a few young peple around me commenting as well that they did not like it either. Granted this is just my opinion but as a previous theatre major and someone who still is very active in theatre this was not theatre but performance art and should be billed as such.

3 Thank catlover710
Mesa, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Unique start to the night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have to admit I was a little tipsy when we went to see this, which made it that much more awesome! Scored pretty cheap tickets at the cheap ticket booth. The show was very interesting and unique, very New York. You stand the whole time, which was not as bad as it sounds. There are a lot of aerial stunts, loud music, and dancing. I particularly enjoyed the dance party. There is also an option to get wet, as tempting as it was, I opted out since we were going out that night. My only complaint is that the show went by so quickly! It left me wanting more. Overall this was a really fun experience, I would definitely recommend having a few drinks before watching the show (luckily there is a bar in the theater).Also make sure you are planning on going out after, because you will want to dance for longer then they let you!

1 Thank a2312o
Hamilton, NJ
179 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 566 helpful votes
“Dynamic, creative, modern. Highly recommended.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

First thing first. While looking for the tickets, I first started with $178 per person, but upon further research was able to find the same tickets (it is the same general admission for everyone) for slightly over $45 per person. If you run a Four Square application on your smart phone, just by checking in the vicinity of the Daryl Roth Theatre, you would be able to get your tickets for around $38.
Now, the show is definitely modern, catching and surprising. One, however, has to be familiar with a clubbing scene and like the house music. If the above feels like a terra incognito to you, or you are older than 55 years, or have rigid and narrow-minded tastes in entertainment, please opt for Lion King or Wicked instead. Fuerza Bruta is a show reminiscent of Blue Men, Stomp, Slava's Snow Show, or Traces, but even more unusual (in a good way) and energizing.
Our tips. Ty to come at least 30-40 minutes before the show; this way you are guaranteed to find a cozy spot in the lounge and have your drinks free of elbow jostling.
The getting wet concern is greatly exaggerated. It is not that bad, and if you really want to avoid it, it is super easy; just stand on the either side of the water cannon.
Highly recommended.