“Delicious Chinese cuisine, downstairs.”
Review of Hop Lee

Hop Lee
Ranked #2,964 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Delicious Chinese cuisine, downstairs.”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

New York has lots of little places, tucked into its plentiful corners. We found lots of treasures on our family reunion restaurant tour. Hop Lee on Mott Street is all taste, very little atmosphere. Here, the focus is on getting your selections to the table as soon as possible. Hot, steamy platters of savory roast pork fried rice, chicken with broccoli, crispy beef medallions, veggies and pork chop suey and sweet and sour chicken. We ate well, then stumbled upstairs with full rounded bellies into the Chinatown night.

• Visited July 2012

harker heights
“Great spot”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Food was great, staff friendly. There was not very many patrons the night we went. We felt alone and but had fun.

• Visited June 2012
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
“Best everything”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Everything we got there was awesome , duck ,shrimp,gerenal tso,dumpling didnt get a bad dish .. lunch is cheap dinner is a little price but hey the food is great small place air is the not that great would go back in a heart beat

Visited May 2012
New York, New York, United States
“Awesome authentic chinese food”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is the best restaurant in chinatown. Prices are reasonable and whatever your order on the menu comes out in 5 minutes. Decor is not much to look at, but who cares when the food looks and tastes this good.

• Visited September 2011
San Diego and New York City
“Home Turf Cantonese Restaurant”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I've been going to Hop Lee since I was a little girl. The food has always been great and the service is definitely better when you know the waiters but if you don't I think its still ok.

Chinatown service is pretty brusque overall so as long as you're not sensitive just realize its nothing personal :-)

The place is open late and the food is huge and always made to order so its super fresh! I've never had any msg problems from there either. They make the old fashioned egg rolls which for me are superior to the newer spring roll style that passes for egg rolls. These are large rolls with a different skin (wrapper) and stuffed with cabbage and Chinese Roast Pork and sometimes bits of shrimp- so yummy! In fact most of the dishes are the old-style Cantonese dishes that are comforting and wonderful. From whole steamed fish, clams with black bean sauce, crispy skinned pork, soy sauce chicken, roast duck- its all good.

Their noodle dishes are excellent and their Beef Chow Fun is the best I've ever had. I usually try this dish wherever its offered. I have a lot of favorite dishes from this place but don't know what most of them are called in English so I hope you'll take my word on it the food here is yummy. .So whenever I'm in NY I make sure to go to Hop Lee and get some of my faves.

• Visited June 2011