“Exceptional Exhibit”

Ranked #137 of 1,117 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Jewish Museum of New York offers acclaimed art exhibitions that explore art and culture from ancient to modern times. The Museum is located on New York's famed Museum Mile.
Brooklyn, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Exceptional Exhibit”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

You must see the Barbara Bloom exhibit As it were...So to speak. It is a brilliant exhibition of traditional objects that has you look at artifacts in a new light. I will not forgot it. The Books had hidden religious objects in them.. fascinating..

Visited March 2013

New York City, New York
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“very thoughtful exhibits and nice layout”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

High quality exhibitions of jewish art and history. beautiful architecture. Small space, but well laid out

Visited April 2012
New York City, New York
210 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Museum”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Beautiful museum with an excellent permanent collection and many interesting visiting exhibits. Well worth a visit.

Visited January 2013
LongIsland
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“compact and very enjoyable”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

You have the ability to listen to an audio tape docent as you travel through the various areas. There are special exhibits that are wonderful. Be sure to see what is being promoted along with the permanent exhibits

Visited June 2012
Bronx
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“I am a fanatic”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went for the first time with my English class by back in high school, but because I am an addicted, or let say I like to educate and I a passionate of history, I went back by myself, with my sister, and the last time with some friends. It's very informative, you hear about people stories, you are able to live the past in your present. All the exhibits make it look so real that wont forget about it. You don't have to be Jewish because I am not Jewish, but if you would like to learn a little more,or would like to meet on of the survivors like I did when I went with my class. You definitely go, and please when you do bring somebody with you.
PS: the date they gave me down this review is not accurate.

Visited April 2012