My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights during Labour Day weekend. We chose the hotel based on the fact it was Best Western and that's where we were able to use our Air Miles gift cards. Luckily, this hotel turned out to be a wonderful little gem in Lower Manhattan.
The hotel itself is clean, new, simple and stylish. The rooms are a good size considering it's Manhattan. I read another review saying the bed was the most comfortable the reviewer had ever slept in a hotel and it's true! The bed is incredibly comfortable. There's a nice flat screen TV on the wall, a desk, chair and room safe large enough to fit a 15" laptop with room to spare. The bathroom was also very clean.
We didn't find the hotel to be noisy but we were on the 8th floor. I also didn't notice any noise within the hotel either.
The WiFi was tricky to use on an iPhone in our bedroom but it was easier to use in the lobby. There is a small business centre with 2 computers and a printer. The internet and the computers themselves were quick and easy to use. My only complaint was that it was hard to get on a computer as the hotel was busy and there was always a line up to use the computers. If you need to do anything time sensitive, go early or bring your own computer.
The complimentary breakfast spread was great as well. There's muffins, bagels, toast, fruit, waffles, hard boiled eggs, coffee and juice.
Finally, the hotel is very close to a lot of great neighbourhoods. Chinatown is at your doorstep, Little Italy is a couple blocks west, Canal St is a a couple blocks sout, SoHo is a 5 minute walk north west and the Lower East Side is a few blocks east. Famous New York institutions like Katz's Deli, Russ & Daughters and Lombardi's are all within a 5-10 minute walk as well. There are 4 subway stations near the hotel, anywhere from a 2 to 10 minute walk away.
Overall, it's a fantastic hotel and I'd highly recommend this hotel to anybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel is located in the heart of Chinatown. It is a modern seven story non-smoking hotel with 102 guest rooms. Many of the guest rooms overlook the streets of Chinatown. The property serves a complimentary continental breakfast daily. For the guests convenience all rooms have hairdryers, iron and ironing board, coffeemakers, clock radios, telephones with voice mail and in-room safes. The hotel offers free wireless and hardwired high speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western