The hotel is in china town, close to a subway station and its dead easy to get uptown from there. But if you're looking for a 'nice' location to stay in, this aint it! Theres a very stinky market stall right next to the hotel meaning every time you walk out the door you gasp in the smell of rotting fish. That said its only a 10 min walk to soho where there are great restaurants and shops.
The street is pretty noisy and there are road works being undertaken at the moment. We had to ask to move the first night because the windows aren't great. The staff are very nice and helpful but moved us to a room with the noisiest heating system I've ever heard. Take earplugs.
Advise if you stay here don't bother with breakfast. It gets you some food but its pretty poor quality and you eat it out of plastic bowls / plates and cutlery. And your crammed into the tiniest most horrible breakfast space I've ever seen!
It's not too expensive for New York overall but if I were you I'd pay a little more and stay in a nicer area with better quality facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel is located in the heart of Chinatown. It is a modern seven story non-smoking hotel with 102 guest rooms. Many of the guest rooms overlook the streets of Chinatown. The property serves a complimentary continental breakfast daily. For the guests convenience all rooms have hairdryers, iron and ironing board, coffeemakers, clock radios, telephones with voice mail and in-room safes. The hotel offers free wireless and hardwired high speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BEST WESTERN Bowery Hanbee Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western