We were in NYC for one night stay. We normally stay at BW in Southport but Hurricane Sandy put it out of service. This was our alternate BW choice. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous both at check in and check out. The location was great for our planned walking tour from the hotel to MakerBot to Mario Battali's Eataly for dinner finally to the Regal Cinema theaters on 42nd Street. There's a B Line subway station less than a block from the hotel on our return from
Time Square. The room had an updated decor but limited storage. The one major distraction was caused by the NYC Streets & Sanitation Dept. They thought it necessary to start jack hammering the street at 10PM to make some repairs. Be advised, there is a lot of street repairs going on the streets around the hotel! The too pricy comment is due the room costing $250+ but adding taxes pushes it over $300/night. The cost per value does not warrant an extended stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel is located in the heart of Chinatown. It is a modern seven story non-smoking hotel with 102 guest rooms. Many of the guest rooms overlook the streets of Chinatown. The property serves a complimentary continental breakfast daily. For the guests convenience all rooms have hairdryers, iron and ironing board, coffeemakers, clock radios, telephones with voice mail and in-room safes. The hotel offers free wireless and hardwired high speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Best Western, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western