“cosy place”
Review of Smoke Jazz Club

Smoke Jazz Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Smoke Jazz Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #489 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 106th Street
Transit: 1 train to 103rd Street and M104 bus
Reviewed April 30, 2013

great place if you like jazz,
You dont need to pay a cover, you just need to have a drin or dinner during the show. Really worth it

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Tiny, funky upper west side jazz club and the food is outrageous. Try the salmon or the ribs or a burger.

1  Thank Glenko
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

There were two sets of great Jazz last night and each had a separate dining sitting. We opted for the second, 8:30pm meal. We arrived around 8:20 and were immediately seated at one of approx 25 tables for two that were arranged in two long rows allowing good sight lines for diners. We requested another table closer to the stage to facilitate my wife's photography objectives and the owner/maitre'd happily complied.
There seemed to be two order-takers and at least two other servers working very efficiently to present the two-course, prix-fixe choices in a short time. Our starters of fried calamari and buffalo wings were very good. My wife thought her main of lobster jambalaya was excellent, while I felt my truffled Malbec chicken was dried out and I couldn't eat the white meat.
Bar service and pricing was good but I was unhappy when they tried to substitute (without telling me) an Oregon Pinot noir for the Russian River Sonoma item on their wine list. I ultimately choose a French Beaune.
I would stick with quick cook-to-order menu choices if I were to visit again.

1  Thank Martini17
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Really nice! I will definitely visit Smoke again on my next visit to NYC.

We had a great dinner and the music (Gregory Generet) was amazing. The restaurant is small which makes it more intimate. A wonderful experience.

Do make reservations though! Especially when there is live music!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This restaurant is an easy subway ride from Times Square and the short trip is worth it ten fold. The place is small so I would make reservations, but they do have a several sittings per night. We got there 15 minutes early and were seated in the front tables. The dinner on Sunday to Thursday is fixed price ($30) and it was amazing. Our main courses were to die for and our companions said the cheese cake was the best that they had ever had. The music was awesome, we went on a Thursday so we had Gregory Generet and a very accomplished group of musicians. We did a lot in NYC and we are still talking about our night at the SmokeJazz club. Awesome! Truly amazing and for $30 on a weeknight? Are you kidding me? You must go there!