TripAdvisor

from $59.00
from $199.00
from $64.00
53,823 results
All reviews american wing temple of dendur european paintings egyptian section greek and roman suggested donation van gogh amazing collection metropolitan museum entrance fee new york on display few hours central park rainy day take your time exhibits
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Plan to spend the better part of 3 days at the museum and you might see everything. We spent our one day in the Egyptian and Medieval displays. Words can’t describe how beautiful these displays are. I can only imagine the rest of them.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So glad I got to visit this museum on my trip. Very large building with so much to see. This is a must see for art lovers. Make sure to grab a map when you walk in to help find your way around. If you do get turned around and need help, the staff is very helpful with directing you on where to go

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our third stay in Manhattan, but our first visit to the MET. The idea of a guided tour before it opened appealed to me. Yes, it is pricey, but I consider it worth it. The guide was so engaging and energetic. She also had assistance by at least two other MET employees, who mingled amount the group and where eager to answer questions.

This tour provides history of not only the extraordinary art work that has been collected, but also the facility it self and how it expanded. The American statue “garden”, flanked by actual building fronts that had been rebuilt within the Museum was very impressive.

My husband and I were also amazed that the ticket was valid for three days, so we could return to the MET or the two other facilities. We took advantage of this and visited the Medieval collection in “The Cloisters”. This is an old Monastery in upper Manhattan that has been converted to a museum. It was incredible! And you can get your exercise climbing the steps up from steer level.

I would take my daughters on this tour in the future, God willing we have the opportunity to visit Manhattan with them.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Whether you are there for the standard collection or for the current Rock exhibit the museum is always a great stop. Or simply sit on the front steps and people watch!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The museum is huge, it takes you through the ages (from Antiquity to contemporaneity) and cultures of the world. The flow between sections is very subtle. The exponants for each section are amazing and extremely well preserved. The museum is overwhelming in its beauty and complexity. Its sections are not limited to European or Amarican history, but also have African or Asian sections. It takes at least a whole day to visit it, if not more.

Date of experience: May 2019