“So much to see - set aside a day!”

The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Book In Advance
More Info
$25.00*
and up
The Metropolitan Museum of Art Admission with...
Ranked #2 of 1,155 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At New York City's most visited museum and attraction, you will experience over 5,000 years of art from around the world. The Met is for anyone as a source of inspiration, insight and understanding. You can learn, escape, play, dream, discover, connect.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Met is almost too big and interesting for its own good. We spent several hours there but became overwhelmed after about four hours. My favourite was the many rooms that represent various periods or countries, as well as the rooftop garden installation where we enjoyed a glass of bubbles overlooking Central Park and the NYC skyline. Amazing.

Write a ReviewReviews (47,745)
All reviews
in 4,903 reviews
"louvre"
in 660 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Go. Pay what you like. The entrance fee is only a suggestion. You can give them 25 c a person and still get in. The Charles James exhibit at the moment is fantastic.
It's a great museum.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I try to visit the Metropolitan Museum every time I go to NYC. There's no way to see everything there is to see here, and one can only scratch the surface in a few hours. I spent my time there last time looking at paintings by American artists.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Metropolitan had a couple of special exhibits my wife and I wanted to see (Pre-Raphelites and Charles James) so we lucked out having enough time to visit the Met after spending a morning at the Cloisters (one ticket - two museums). This was my third visit and as always I was struck by the scope and depth of the collections. The special exhibits under our belt we went searching out somefood and were startled by the price for a very modest lunch. It was only barely palatable by rationalizing that we were supporting the museum. Then off to see some old favourites, especially The Death of Socrates. We were very disappointed to learn that a substantial part of the European Collection was inexplicably unavailable (I'm sure there was an explanation but none was proferred). We saw many beautiful works of art but still there was something lacking in this visit.