“Breath taking”

Book In Advance
More Info
$25.00*
and up
The Metropolitan Museum of Art Admission with...
Ranked #2 of 1,153 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At New York City's most visited museum and attraction, you will experience over 5,000 years of art from around the world. The Met is for anyone as a source of inspiration, insight and understanding. You can learn, escape, play, dream, discover, connect.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The met was a fabulous end to our vacation in New York. I enjoyed it so much had lots of great artists paintings there. I loved walking around. The building was very nice and was gorgeous inside and out. Lots to see here wish we had more time. We went for an hour or so but you need at least two hours to see a good segment of the museum. It had great service too and was very helpful to us. Breath taking! If I come back to New York I would defiantly go again. I highly recommend this spot it was so lovely.

Write a ReviewReviews (47,683)
All reviews
in 4,903 reviews
"louvre"
in 660 reviews

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Hard to find what you are looking for, great staff to help with that. I have been here many times and never disappoints.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I think I got through parts of three exhibits in about 2 hours. I could spend an entire week in New York City and not have enough time to really appreciate the scale of what they've assembled at this museum. I visited with my wife and another couple, and even though they aren't huge history or art buffs, they enjoyed and appreciated what was on display. Two quick pieces of advice: We were told by our hotel concierge, that the admission fee was "optional" and more of a donation, even though they have posted prices. We didn't pay the full price because we knew we weren't going to be able to stay very long, but the lady handing out the tickets didn't seem to mind; Secondly, don't ask the security guards for a history lesson. We made that mistake, thinking they would know something about some sculptures we were looking at, and the guy just started making stuff up. It was funny, but I don't think he was joking around. Good unintentional humor!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is the best museum I have ever been to. If you visit New York then this is a must see. The building alone is magnificent but the exhibitions are fantastic. The modern art from Van Gogh Andre likes are better here than at the Guggenheim.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Met is arguably the best museum in the world. We are sustaining members and recently attended a function which was hosted by a number of the museum's curators .Attractions include the Egyptian exhibit ,Greco-roman ,Africa,arms and armor and others too numerous to mention.my wife and I have been to the Louvre,British Museum,Uffizi and others but the Met is still our favorite. This is a place that no visitor to New York should miss .