Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

from $175.00
from $42.00
from $69.00
29,367 results
All reviews temple of dendur european paintings egyptian section greek and roman suggested donation van gogh amazing collection metropolitan museum entrance fee new york on display few hours central park rainy day take your time exhibits louvre
Reviewed yesterday

Among the best museums in the world. For first time visitors, I recommend purchasing the New York City version of DK Eyewitness Guide to hit the highlights. Great place to go on rainy days when time isn't as constraining.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My first visit. Quite a place.

We started with Sunday brunch in the dining room. A little pricey but it’s New York.

You could spend days there. 2 options to visit.

1-pick 2-3 areas you want to see in depth and see everything else on a second visit.

2- skim over as many sections as you can in the time you have. You will see slot but miss slot.

Reviewed yesterday

The collection of Pablo Picasso is amazing. I also enjoyed the exposition of Charles White, great pieces.

Reviewed yesterday

Each time there's a fashion collection, I am there. Love this museum, it's so beautiful to visit and see beautiful art. The lobby is usually busy and the lines could be long, but it's worth the wait. You can take beautiful pictures outside as well as some pics inside. If you live in NY, you can make a contribution for your visit, otherwise you have to pay the price dictated. I don't find the ticket booth employees too kind, they should smile a bit more and be kind to patrons. The young girl that took my money was quite rude, it ruins the experience when arriving at the museum. I think Human Resource should pay attention to that detail, but just saying.

Reviewed yesterday

Truly a world class museum. We spent about 5 hours at the Met and basically only saw the wonderful Egyptian collection. This one collection had so much to see. We've seen the Egyptian collection in Vienna Austria and thought that was large, but the met had so much more and very well laid out. Had lunch in the lower level which was very good for museum food and price fair for NYC. In the afternoon did European Art collection, again overwhelming.

1  Thank bartleycrc
Reviewed yesterday

Our visits to NYC usually include a repeat visit to The Met. There is so much to see that it takes several visits to see it all, and even then we probably have not seen it all. They have so many amazing pieces that it is worth visiting them more than once as well. On our recent visit there was a special exhibit on Eugene Delacroix. It was probably the largest show of his work outside of Paris. We also like to lunch in the American Art Cafe for a light meal and a look at all the statuary. A walk through the Sackler Wing to see the Temple of Dendur is also a must. And if you like Modern and Contemporary Art it is very well worth the walk through two floors of many great works. It nicely complements the MOMA collection. Also, the Greek and Roman art collection is staggering. Just go! By the way, when you go, don't wait in line to buy your tickets. Go immediately into the building and buy them from a machine - it is much faster.

Reviewed yesterday

I have been going to the Met for 20plus years and have yet to see everything. With huge permanent collections and always changing exhibits it will take you a full day to get a taste of this iconic museum.

1  Thank OakSpringFarm
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

This museum is not very far from where I live. I chose to become a member to support their good works.

When I walk in, I go to members desk and pick up my ticket. There is so much space. The entrance way never feels crowded.

The paintings and exhibitions are well sign-posted and the staff is incredibly helpful and knowledgable. The paintings are well-lit. Special exhibitions are included in the price of entry.

I could sit on the steps outside facing Fifth Avenue and watch the world go by.

I look forward to returning soon and seeing the rest of the place. One visit is not enough.

1  Thank dragonlp111
Reviewed 2 days ago

I caught the last day of "Celestial Bodies". Living only 500 miles from Rome, I had to go to NYC to see some jewels of their theasures (liturgical vestments) from less than a meter! It is fascinating, how many peolple were attracted to "catholic fashion", which went beyond the decency and good taste; but they had to see also the really valuable things, thet will never be outdated as fashion is so quickly.

1  Thank MiranLj
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Was in NYC for 9 days and spent 4 of them at the Met, but still did not see everything I wanted to see. I have traveled the world, but even though I lived and worked in NY I never felt like I had REALLY seen all it had to offer... and I was right! I’m heading back in Feb. to catch an exhibition they have coming later this month.