Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

from $42.00
from $175.00
from $48.00
29,395 results
All reviews temple of dendur european paintings egyptian section greek and roman suggested donation van gogh amazing collection metropolitan museum entrance fee new york on display few hours central park rainy day take your time exhibits louvre
Reviewed today via mobile

The map is confusing and imprecise, to attend the special events you cannot make an offer but need to pay the full price to then discover that most of the museum is closed to te public and half of the event you paid for cannot be attended as it’s not working. This was a total disappointment.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I was so sad that so many exhibits were not accessible during our trip. I would have loved to see the Monet and Van Gogh. My kids were not very excited by much, but it’s a great museum- they liked the Egyptian exhibit. We went the next day to the American Natural History museum and it was like two totally different kids. They loved that one. I’d say check the website and see when the museum reopens the big stuff, because it’s not like you get a discount despite not being able to see some of the most famous paintings they have...

1  Thank VeekeeRox
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

4 star because of the amount of time you need to spend to have a good look, probably 4 to 5 hours. I personally think it is a little bit too much to see and you lost interest at the end. Overall worth a visit tho.

Reviewed yesterday

We spent over five hours at the Met and it was not enough. Its collection of Rembrandts and Monets is astounding. There was SOOO much to see. Unknown to me, the ticket to MET is actually good for three consecutive days and to any of their venues - including the Cloisters. Had I known that, I would have planned for that but alas, my schedule only allowed for a single day. We tried to jam in as many exhibits as possible, but really how can you just glance at the Monets and Rembrandts, not to mentioned the Picassos and so many others. Next time I will plan for two days for sure.

Reviewed yesterday

Loved this place. Could have come back for days. If you have a disability enter by the 81st street entrance and pick up a wheelchair from there rather than queue at the main coatcheck. The free tours are great if you have a special interest. Amazing collections.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We spent two hours here and only visited less than 15% of the exhibits. We mainly focus on the European paintings (ie Monet), Asian and Egyptian pieces.

The whole place is packed. Highly recommend not to bring bags so as to avoid the mandatory inspection. Photography are allowed but no flash. We were spotted a few artists painting or forging some of the famous paintings.

The staff are mostly sleeping on the job though. Wonder where did our entrance fees go to?!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I have visited quite a few world famous museums the last few years but I have to say this is my favorite yet. It is simply amazing with so many different sections and exhibits to see. You could spends weeks here but as I only had 3 hours I had to pick out the areas I wanted to see most. My 2 favorite areas were the Egyptian and American sections. In fact the Temple of Dendur is worth the admission price alone!

The museum is massive but east to navigate. However I would recommend coming first thing in morning (10am) as it seemed to be busier as day went on. It really is a must see and I plan on being back.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Although the museum has a lot of very important artifacts, the way the collection is organized and presented is chaotic and digs everything. No character , no narrative. This things make people have a bad idea for museums. They even have contemporary artifacts in the same room with prehistoric staff because they are both from Sudan or India . What an awful colonial thought. Descriptions are usually poor and a lot of paintings are not lighten properly. They really need a new curator or splitting their collection to appropriate galleries.

Reviewed 2 days ago

We got to see artworks we never thought we would see in real life. I could have done with spending 2 hours in every room as there was just so much to admire. If I ever get to spend months in NYC I'd go to the Met every week to take in the beauty on display here.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Loved MoMa - great variety of art and easy to get around - not too busy and the coffee shop next to the gift shop has real coffee