Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

from $42.00
from $175.00
from $48.00
29,373 results
All reviews temple of dendur european paintings egyptian section greek and roman suggested donation van gogh amazing collection metropolitan museum entrance fee new york on display few hours central park rainy day take your time exhibits louvre
Reviewed today

The Met's collection is extensive with special exhibits regularly featured. You can see ancient art in the Egyptian collection or the arts of Pacific Islanders in Oceania. There are also covering the historical areas from Europe and North America. It is too much for one day, so plan your time and the areas that most interest you. At Christmas time there will be a Neapolitan Manger scene worth viewing. I've also purchased tickets for concerts at the Met which also got me into the collection.

Reviewed today

I gave my son a map of the museum and let him plan which exhibits to visit. He felt empowered and therefore more engaged, and I saw exhibits that I would have never considered on my own! The armory is incredible!

Reviewed today via mobile

Out of this world museum.. 30 mins walk from Time Square... Was there for 90 mins and really only saw half of the place easily a day trip or return over a couple of days... €22 entrance which can be reused for 3 days... Excellent experience..

Reviewed today

The Met is an absolute must if you are art lover or even just curious about some of the fascinating talents of people from around the globe. Our favorites were the Egyptian Temple and pond where Oceans 12 was filmed as well as the Tiffany glass pieces. Wish we had more time to explore in depth. Well worth the visit just be prepared to wait in line to enter or plan ahead and get CityPass tickets.

Reviewed today

Aside from the great art . There is a wonderful place to rest
with lots of benches downstairs near the library and shop. So take a break, and then continue on your exploration of the museum

Reviewed today

I couldn’t believe how much I was able to see there in just one day! I felt so privileged to see original paintings and art I’d only see pictures of. I’m sure I could go back every day for a week and see something new

Reviewed yesterday

Among the best museums in the world. For first time visitors, I recommend purchasing the New York City version of DK Eyewitness Guide to hit the highlights. Great place to go on rainy days when time isn't as constraining.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My first visit. Quite a place.

We started with Sunday brunch in the dining room. A little pricey but it’s New York.

You could spend days there. 2 options to visit.

1-pick 2-3 areas you want to see in depth and see everything else on a second visit.

2- skim over as many sections as you can in the time you have. You will see slot but miss slot.

Reviewed yesterday

The collection of Pablo Picasso is amazing. I also enjoyed the exposition of Charles White, great pieces.

Reviewed yesterday

Each time there's a fashion collection, I am there. Love this museum, it's so beautiful to visit and see beautiful art. The lobby is usually busy and the lines could be long, but it's worth the wait. You can take beautiful pictures outside as well as some pics inside. If you live in NY, you can make a contribution for your visit, otherwise you have to pay the price dictated. I don't find the ticket booth employees too kind, they should smile a bit more and be kind to patrons. The young girl that took my money was quite rude, it ruins the experience when arriving at the museum. I think Human Resource should pay attention to that detail, but just saying.