Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $25.00
from $59.00
from $42.00
29,390 results
All reviews temple of dendur european paintings egyptian section greek and roman suggested donation van gogh amazing collection metropolitan museum entrance fee new york on display few hours central park rainy day take your time exhibits louvre
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We spent two hours here and only visited less than 15% of the exhibits. We mainly focus on the European paintings (ie Monet), Asian and Egyptian pieces.

The whole place is packed. Highly recommend not to bring bags so as to avoid the mandatory inspection. Photography are allowed but no flash. We were spotted a few artists painting or forging some of the famous paintings.

The staff are mostly sleeping on the job though. Wonder where did our entrance fees go to?!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I have visited quite a few world famous museums the last few years but I have to say this is my favorite yet. It is simply amazing with so many different sections and exhibits to see. You could spends weeks here but as I only had 3 hours I had to pick out the areas I wanted to see most. My 2 favorite areas were the Egyptian and American sections. In fact the Temple of Dendur is worth the admission price alone!

The museum is massive but east to navigate. However I would recommend coming first thing in morning (10am) as it seemed to be busier as day went on. It really is a must see and I plan on being back.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Although the museum has a lot of very important artifacts, the way the collection is organized and presented is chaotic and digs everything. No character , no narrative. This things make people have a bad idea for museums. They even have contemporary artifacts in the same room with prehistoric staff because they are both from Sudan or India . What an awful colonial thought. Descriptions are usually poor and a lot of paintings are not lighten properly. They really need a new curator or splitting their collection to appropriate galleries.

Reviewed yesterday

We got to see artworks we never thought we would see in real life. I could have done with spending 2 hours in every room as there was just so much to admire. If I ever get to spend months in NYC I'd go to the Met every week to take in the beauty on display here.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Loved MoMa - great variety of art and easy to get around - not too busy and the coffee shop next to the gift shop has real coffee

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

So much to see. I was with my Hubby, Aunt, son(1 yr old) and Little cousins (8 And 10) and there was something to fit everyone's interest.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We loved this museum. It’s huge! Allow several hours or even a full day. We took two of the free tours - each lasts an hour, and they’re great for seeing key pieces of art & sculpture that you could otherwise easily miss.

Reviewed 2 days ago

I have been going the MET since I was a kid ~ always nice to visit some of my favorite pieces and they have new exhibits all of the time.

The highlight of this trip was discovering the rooftop bar! I have been to many places with wonderful views of the city ~ this is going on the list of musts!

If you go, make a plan of what you want to see and plan your route... and do not miss the rooftop view!

1  Thank j0urney_girl
Reviewed 2 days ago

Nope - art from all over the world - ever kind of collection to see and enjoy. The Met is just a spectacular place full of the best of the best.

Reviewed 3 days ago

The pieces are really well displayed. Famous pieces by well known artists such as Van Gogh and Picasso are on display. Additionally, there was a section devoted to Egyptian artifacts. Really beautiful