This review is based on a two week stay in a queen room on the top floor, facing the street.
- Clean, daily turn down.
- Flat screen TV, Iron, Hairdryer, Climate Control Air Con
- Comfortable bed, choice of two pillows.
- Very large for NYC (we had a corridor, room to place bags and more to spare)
- Extremely quiet when double glazed windows closed.
- Laundry room available too.
- Private airport transfer on departure. Organised through the front desk (which is on level 1).
- Close to the F Orange Metro line which connected to most lines.
- Walking distance to Bowery, Little Italy, Canal, Broadway shopping.
- Great little eateries around (plenty of choices in Chinatown, Doughnut Planet on Grand and Essex, as was Flowers Cafe (great bagels) and bars (Bar 169 - cheap drinks and oysters!)
- Hairdryer was on the wall, though still had enough power.
- TV did not have great reception.
- Wifi pretty much didn’t exist.
- Older room but not in a way that was a problem.
- Plastic cups rather than glass.
- No minibar, but very cheap vending machines located on several floors.
- An extremely slow lift, but that seemed to be common in NYC. Walking the stairs was much quicker.
- Chinatown has a certain aroma and some radio-active looking puddles. If you can’t handle strong smells, this place is not for you.
- F Orange metro line was probably the slowest in all that we encountered.
A great, safe and well located base in NYC. Always had a good night sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new 70 room smoke free hotel in Manhattan’s vibrant Lower East Side. Chinatown, Little Italy, SoHo, Wall Street, and other major NYC attractions are only steps away. The Hotel is easily accessible by car, taxi, and public transportation. Hotel 91 is the perfect synergy between luxurious downtown boutique and outstanding value; offering reasonably sized guest rooms and room accommodations in a bargain for business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Hotel 91 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 91 Hotel New York City
- Hotel 91