“WOW”

Ranked #363 of 16,842 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: SoHo
Neighborhood: SoHo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been to Le CouCou before and had a wonderful food experience but this time it was even better. The service was exceptional and the food was faultless. We had the quenelle of Pike with beurre blanc and caviar, it sounds much better in French and the Maine lobster in a pepper sauce which sounds like it doesn’t belong but it absolutely does, a wonderful bottle of wine and fabulous company. It is an absolute must to visit but be sure to book.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (520)

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Le Coucou is a FFR (Fine French Restaurant) much to the south of New York City's other FFRs - on Lafayette Street just up from Canal St. But it is well worth the journey!
The food is outstanding in quality - such as you would find in La Grenouille or Daniel. The service was a delight: very fast and efficient. We barely sat down and bread was already put on the table. The wine list was as large as any we have seen in NewYork. Having been in Bordeaux recently, we decided on a Lynch-Bages from 2010 (which my little Vintage Code guide I carry in my pocket - said was a good year). The wine was an excellent accompaniment to a splendid dinner. And we were able to get a reservation for an Sunday 8PM dinner after calling the restaurant earlier that afternoon (that is not usually possible at the uptown FFRs). From where we were sitting, one could see into the kitchen and watch the staff prepare the food - as is also possible at Gabriel Kreuther's on 42nd St. This was our first time at Le Coucou. We hope to revisit many more times.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

We were staying at 11 Howard, the hotel upstairs and Le CouCou had been recommended so we went on Sunday before leaving for the airport.
Lovely atmosphere and room and good food. Thoroughly enjoyed our late lunch.
Only one thing let the place down. We were enjoying a late and long lunch before leaving for the airport late afternoon.
There were only a couple of other tables left and we ordered another bottle of wine.
The Maitre’d was coming to give us our bill when the waiter who’d taken our order stopped him to mention we’d ordered another bottle of wine. From where I was sitting I could see the maitre’d swear in annoyance that he couldn’t get rid of us and finish up.
Not a great ending to an otherwise good lunch.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank 193jenns
Reviewed January 9, 2020

Loved most of the food, the service was perfect, great table and we will go back I hope. The wine list was a blast to look at and order from if you have very deep pockets. Mind you I wasn't looking for a $50 or $100 dollar a bottle wine, but finding something at $200 was a bit difficult also. I will BYOB and pay the corkage next time.

I enjoy the rabbit three ways, but wouldn't get it again because two out of three were great and the one was just OK. The egg in jello app was interesting - tasted OK, but my husband wouldn't get that again either. All of the dishes were excellant.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

This is a great Michelin restaurant. My daughter and I enjoyed this restaurant from the moment we entered this to the time we left. The food is simply awesome and the customer service is amazing. We ordered a 4 course meal each and we savored and enjoyed every bite. Pricey but well worth it. Highly recommended!