“A+++ for kids!”
Review of FAO Schwarz - CLOSED

FAO Schwarz
More attraction details
Owner description: This world-famous toy store is a great place for kids to browse, play - and of course, shop.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great place, my 8 yr old loved it! But beware to spend some money parents! Toys and candy galore!!!!

There are newer reviews for FAO Schwarz

Reviewed July 29, 2013

FAO was a must see during my visit in NYC. I expected to see many unique toys, but the majority of toys displayed I've seen in major toy or department stores. A couple of items caught my eye..I was surprised to see "Fraggle Rock" hand puppets. I was so tempted in purchasing one. There is an area where you can purchase and build your own "Muppet". If your looking for a souvenir with the FOA logo, I noticed Christmas ornaments and teddy bears. I purchased a FOA teddy bear to display during Christmas.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was my wife and my first shopping stop when we arrived in NY. we had heard and seen so much about it on TV and in movies. It was no big thing from the outside and inside it was one disappointment after another. It was nothing special. Full of stuffed animals and not full of state of the art toys. I had brought my bank statement with hopes of getting into the high dollar exclusive room for the elite and was told it no longer exists. The help was of no use except one lady I found who was exceptional and she could not even look me in the eye and say anything good. She just agreed that the store was a sad shell of what it once was. it turns out that Toys R Us has bought the store and obviously taken it down to their level. The last straw was trying to check out. There was help and registers all over the store. but the help was just stocking shelves or goofing around and non of the registers were open except one at the ground floor near the front and one on the second floor at the back. Both had HUGE lines and we bought a Christmas ornament and they had to put it in a bag the size for a 3ft high stuffed animal because it was all they had. It was just SADDDDDD! Don't waste your time. They do have the large piano keyboard that you can play on!

2  Thank SDeuker
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I wanted to buy an Adora doll that was on display, but when I asked the salesperson for the box, they didn't have it. The doll was dirty, she didn't have all the accessories that come with that particular doll and the authenticity papers and they wanted to charge me the regular price. I asked to speak to the manager and all he could offer is a 10% discount. BIG DEAL. The doll lost value without all the original accessories. So just be careful, when you shop at Fao Schwartz!!!!!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Pros
-Unique toy store
-Friendly staff
-Snack bar
-Clean Bathrooms
-Great location
-Toys/Collectables for all ages
-Fabulous candy area

Cons
-Expensive price points
-Hard to navigate especially with a stroller (the store is a little narrow)
-The snack bar needs more than four barstools
-Closes too early

Buy online and save tax!!!