FAO Schwarz - CLOSED

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 28, 2016

We have fond memories of FAO Schwarz but the best time we had was in 2008 before Toys R Us took over. Besides the Giant Piano they had great activities for kids. My daughter love being able to paint her own ceramic and pick it up after it had been ''fired'. After Toys R Us took over they got rid of this and then denied that they ever had it.
Still we'll miss this iconic store.

1  Thank Alexander G
Reviewed February 11, 2016 via mobile

Just found out to late that the shop is closed. Would have been great as if was used in the movie home alone.
Accriss Apple Store and Plaza Hotel.

Closed end of 2015

1  Thank 1984Juanita
Reviewed January 22, 2016 via mobile

Amazing more than just a toy store plus it was in the movie Big with Tom hanks, staff are really friendly and informative, a must for anyone visiting NYC

2  Thank Chris T
Reviewed January 18, 2016

Love, love love!!! What a store, always wanted to go here. So glad I got see it I really could of spent all day in there & my nan loved her bear that I brought back. Would recommend to all Adults & Children..

1  Thank Lots88
Reviewed January 4, 2016

It was nice, but it was still just a toy shop like many others anywhere else.
However I loved the lego statues.

Reviewed January 1, 2016

We came to see the oldest toy store of New York City, but found another store in the building instead.

9  Thank Dieuwertje V
Reviewed November 25, 2015 via mobile

Disney, Toys R Us and FAO Schwarz for the holy trinity of toystores of Manhattan. And I ensured I visit all of them. Thus store is supposed to be the oldest in US, though currently I think it is being operated by Toys R Us.

This place is like a wonderland too, and it does not matter whether you are 41. I has a ball just walking around the Isles. Don't miss it.

1  Thank BhawaniPathania
Reviewed November 22, 2015

I think I heard this is the oldest toy store in New York!! It had super fantastic toys made with great care (you don't see them just anywhere) and it really makes your imagination run wild and remind you of your childhood days. (Even if you're 19 like me!)

Reviewed November 2, 2015

As soon as i walked through those doors i felt like a child again. I never seen a toy store anything like it. My boyfriend and i came here and we spent over an hour just going around taking pictures and playing with the toys. It was a store i will never forget.

3  Thank Bubblesss1990
Reviewed August 29, 2015

We booked 'breakfast with a toy soldier' and it was the best fun ever! Our daughter had the time of her life running around the store with hardly anyone else around. We all got to have a lolly grab and filled up our lolly bags with all sorts of sweet treats, a tour of the store before it opens to the public and a go on the 'Big' piano without having to wait in line! We were treated like royalty for a the entire time, Don't do this for the 'breakfast' as it is very plain but who cares when you get to have the time of your life with no crowds. If Dad gets bored, send him to the huge 'Apple' store next door and Mum will be pleased with 'Tiffany's' around the corner.

8  Thank RaydarVictoria