“Definitely worth it”

$57.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Guided Tour
$115.00*
and up
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour Including Pedestal Access, Lower...
Ranked #39 of 1,139 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can retrace the steps of their ancestors at this famous landing point that welcomed millions of immigrants to the United States.
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been 4 times now because, for some reason, each time I go to NYC some member of the group I'm with always wants to go. However, I don't mind as Ellis Island is a place you can see over and over and never be bored.

Fascinating piece of history that even if you're not a total history buff (like me) you will enjoy. Definitely do the audio tour- it's worth it!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,113)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! This was stop 2 of the whole Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island tour and I really wasn't expecting much, to be honest. The exhibit is packed with tons of information with easy-to-follow timelines and an audio tour to guide visitors throughout various parts of the building. I recommend the audio tour!

The whole experience was nostalgic and awe-inspiring. I highly recommend this landmark to anyone visiting NYC for the first time!

1  Thank Benjamin M
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was a very memorable trip for me from personal experience. Ellis Island is, in my opinion, a more worthwhile attraction to visit than the statue of liberty, although both were amazing, I personally enjoyed Ellis Island more.

1  Thank E B
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My mother's side of the family came in the late 19th century. I had no idea that it was so small. So many people came through such a small place and it helped shaped our country. I was in awe and think that it is one of the places that all New Yorkers should go visit. You don't even have to stop at the Statue of Liberty as the boat passes right in front you get a better view of it and you'll have more time for Ellis.

1  Thank Daniel K
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have just come back from New York (10/05/13)and I can tell you that Access to Ellis Island and its museum is CLOSED until the beginning of July 2013 following damage to the landing piers after Hurricane Sandy. It is also impossible to land on the Statue of Liberty Island. If you buy the new York city pass you can take a boat trip which takes you close up to the islands for photos and then the trip is prolonged under the Brookly bridge to make up for the fact that you can't visit the islands.Disappointing!

1  Thank davbratz