“Great starters”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We made it in just minutes before close time and they put up with that relatively gracefully. We had 2 kinds of buns - pork and shrimp. They were both delicious and we couldn't decide which one was better. We also go the spicy cucumber which was amazing. I don't normally like cucumber but it was bathed in this thick, spicy, tasty green sauce that I just couldn't get enough of. Then we got 2 ramen bowls - one spicy with chicken, one not spicy with pork belly and shoulder. The pork option was the better as the chicken still wasn't really spicy so you just add sriracha either way. The pork shoulder was very tasty as well. Overall we were very happy with our ramen dishes but liked the starters even more.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were very lucky and got seated just when we arrived, five minutes later there was a queue of about 10 people. The food was fantastic! We enjoyed each and every dish we had, especially the asparagus and the ramen soup. The service was also very good.
Don’t miss this place !

very very crowded .
good food differents tastes nice and interestings dishes.
very small place and a lot of people.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

really great noodles, buns and more! No reservations but the line was forming at 5:15 before the 5:30 opening. The family in front of us told us that you have to order and prepay for the chicken online; it's made to order and not on the menu. Fried and BBQ and it looked pretty amazing. The kimchi is excellent if not a little on the salty side. THe spicy miso ramen with chicken was great; not too spicy but also on the salty side. The ginger scallion noodles were perfectly refreshing from the hotter dishes. I will go back and pre-order the chicken and try some buns as well. our server was ok but not outstanding.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I had the famous momofuku ramen before (amazing broth and tasty ingredients, so "simple" but yet so sophisticated) so this time I tried the ginger scallion noodles. I order some broth together with the noodles and in the beginning I didn't know how to eat everything "correctly" (noodles and broth were served in 2 different bowls). But whatever I tried (all the ingredients of the noodle-dish seperately or dipped into the broth or mixed and then dipped into the broth or at the end I poured the broth over the remaining noodles) everything worked out well. They focus so much on the quality of every single item that when you combine them you'll have one of the most amazing food experiences.
Highly recommendable!