“Ramen here was nothing like we've tried replicating!”

Momofuku Noodle Bar
Ranked #91 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Having done a few momofuku cookbook challenges, eating here was a dream. The ramen broth was so clear, smoky, full of depth and flavour (which we couldn't seem to get at home) but completely different to other ramens we have ever tasted. The pickled shitake mushrooms were also delicious in the ginger scallion noodles. Only regret was that we didn't have a large enough party to try the famous fried chicken. Try the chicken wings. You won't regret it

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I wanted to try Momofuku before I tried the newer ramen joints in NYC. I enjoyed their signature ramen with pork belly and pork shoulder, the broth was very good and "milky" with the added soft-boiled egg, much better than the chains in Boston. Steamed pork belly buns were very tasty.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

A great institution. A must for anyone who enjoys a good noodle bowl. If you have been to NYC and haven't been here, shame on you! I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I had this place recommend to me by many people and to also try Milk afterwards (a bakery around the corner). I ordered the "most popular" dishes. First the pork belly buns. These are not in a "bun" but more like a little pita. So moist and flavorful. The "bun" part was really good. The other buns that passed look equally as good. I had the momofuku ramen (pork). It was just ramen. I did enjoy the egg on top. I would say the buns are the best thing to order.

2  Thank Jtschatz
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have been to this restaurant many times. The Momofuku Ramen is addictive. You crave the broth and perfect noodles and want to return again and again to have it. I always ask for extra vegetables. The other food items are good too. The chef does amazing things to mundane vegetables that make them memorable. Ask for a seat at the counter by the kitchen. Watching the dishes being prepared is part of the charm of this now classic NYC restaurant. This restaurant is good for dinner or lunch with friends but it is also a place you can go alone. In fact, going alone makes the wait almost nonexistent. All of the buns are excellent.