“Good but not best. Expensive.”

Momofuku Noodle Bar
Ranked #104 of 13,820 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Bilbao, España
“Good but not best. Expensive.”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were 3 people to have diner. They offer us to sit at the bar, since there was a 30 minute wait for a table. The bar was perfect, you could see how the cook all the food.
We order 2 Momofuku ramen and 1 Shrimp bun (2 pieces), nothing to drink = 48$ + tip.
I think it is quite expensive.
Ramen was good but not the best. It lacked some taste. I loved the half-cooked egg which exploded all over the soup.
The buns were ok.

• Polish first
Hobart, Australia
“Our favourite in NY”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The food was great - we went twice! It is expensive but not overpriced. We recommend the buns and (if still on the menu) the Brussels sprouts - amazing.

• Visited November 2013
Texas
“Nice food but overpriced”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Tried their ramen and pork bun. Food is very good but overpriced, especially when there are so many cheaper ramen places in NYC.

Visited October 2013
Monteverde, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
“not the same ramen noodles I remember from college....”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Some friends took me here for lunch, and I'll admit I was skeptical at first because I associate ramen noodles with cheap college dorm food. Thankfully, I was mistaken. I recommend the signature Momofuku ramen or the sausage buns. Both were terrific. The hard cider drink (sorry, I forget the name) was tasty, too. Seating was a bit tight, and certainly not somewhere you go if you want a quiet date, but all-in-all a great place for lunch.

Visited November 2013
“Great treat to NYC culture”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We travelled from the UK for a week in NYC and wanted to head off the beaten track and headed to Rockwood Music Hall and after a handy pointer from some locals we headed here. Really buzzing place, really welcoming, great atmosphere and amazing food. Go, you will not be dissappointed!

• Visited November 2013