“Nice food but overpriced”

Momofuku Noodle Bar
Ranked #89 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Tried their ramen and pork bun. Food is very good but overpriced, especially when there are so many cheaper ramen places in NYC.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Some friends took me here for lunch, and I'll admit I was skeptical at first because I associate ramen noodles with cheap college dorm food. Thankfully, I was mistaken. I recommend the signature Momofuku ramen or the sausage buns. Both were terrific. The hard cider drink (sorry, I forget the name) was tasty, too. Seating was a bit tight, and certainly not somewhere you go if you want a quiet date, but all-in-all a great place for lunch.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We travelled from the UK for a week in NYC and wanted to head off the beaten track and headed to Rockwood Music Hall and after a handy pointer from some locals we headed here. Really buzzing place, really welcoming, great atmosphere and amazing food. Go, you will not be dissappointed!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We got to the front of the restaurant about 20 minutes before it opened. While we read the menu a line started to form behind us. We thought we might as well wait. I had the Momofuku ramen and it reminded me of my grandma's food (not because she was Asian - she most definitely was not - but because she used to cook with lard), which was very pleasant and a trip down memory lane. Flavors were good (the poached egg was a nice touch); I would just expect there would be more pork belly and less - well, eew - hair (I found one afloat just when I was about to finish). I fished it out and set it aside on a plate, which was immediately and unceremoniously removed. I'm not finicky and I didn't want to ruin my laid-back lunch mood, so I didn't bring it up - but really, the big H in restaurant business should be hygiene, not hype. As the place was crowded, we felt like we were shooed away (with a smile) every now and then, so the visit did not last any longer than 30 minutes (out of good manners we wouldn't linger knowing there were people waiting, so we really didn't have to be pressured). Overall still a good experience; might go back and try the buns or the fried chicken, which looked yummy. Fairly priced.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was the highlight of my recent trip to NYC. David Chang knows how to do it right and we lucked out that there was not a super long wait the night we checked it out. The pork buns and Ramen are the most amazing in the city. Authentic and delicious. Highly recommend.