“Have the Pork Buns”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The place was buzzing when we arrived around 8 pm on a Wednesday night, but we got a seat right away. They squeeze you in pretty good but we liked the atmosphere. The Pork Buns are to die for. We shared had the Momofuku ramen which was also good. My daughter loved her octopus as well, I'm not a fan. Service was great, just the right amount of attention, food came fast. We are from Toronto area and hear they have a Momofuku there as well. We will be checking it out soon. Definitely worth the trip!

There are newer reviews for Momofuku Noodle Bar

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ramen and Pork is good and also the pork buns are great. Staff are nice and helpful and it doesn't cost too much. Good ramen and good place to have lunch or dinner.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I went for lunch last week. We arrived 10 minutes before they opened and there was already a line waiting for the doors to open. We started out with the soy sauce egg. It had really good flavor and texture but it was extremely salty. We also tried the shiitake mushroom buns which were one of the best parts of the meal. I would highly recommend ordering them. I had the spicy miso ramen with smoked chicken and my husband had the momofuku ramen with pork belly. Both were excellent. If you don't like spicy I would recommend not ordering the spicy miso as it was pretty spicy. But perfect for spicy food lovers.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I arrived before noon on a rainy Monday, so getting a seat was no problem. By the time I left, however, the place was full. Word to the wise.

I decided to choose the iconic dishes--pork belly buns and ramen soup, in my case the spicy chicken miso ramen. The buns were wonderful (although my cardiologist would not have approved) and the broth in the ramen was complex and flavorful. David Chang goes on and on about ramen--I'm not that ramen-crazed but this was delicious. I sat at the bar so I watched the staff make the food. That was a lot of fun.

For dessert I had the soft serve cheesecake sage ice cream with apple crumbles. Yes it was weird but deliciously so.

Momofuku is a bit off the beaten track but a great foodie destination. Go!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The place is packed everyday and got in early sunday dinner around 530pm I heard is best tume to come.
Started with the pork buns ..to due for.itmelted in your mouth.
Next we had the charred octopus which was so so.there was hardky any octopus there.
My fave is the fingerling potatoes with poached egg snd shavings of dried fish that was so creative and flavorful.
The ramen was great too and can be shared by 2 as a big bowl.
David Chang did not disappoint. Will definitely go back to try the fried chicken with a group of friends (they have to be pre-ordered)and the curious about the soy sauce egg. I'm wondering if that's probably the same as the Son in law eggs I had in Ginger Boy in Melbourne Australia?