“Great little swiss restaurant”
Review of Swizz Restaurant - CLOSED

Swizz Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenue
Transit: The C & E Trains to 50th Street and the B, D & E to 7th Avenue.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Great little swiss restaurant”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stopped in here prior to watching a 7 PM entertainment event. Charming little place. I had the mushroom dish with rosti and my spouse had the veal with rosti. The rosti was fabulous and the veal was tender. Nice located right off 8th avenue so it's erfect for your pre-theater swiss craving. We'll definately return the next time we visit the big apple.

• Visited November 2012

Irvine, CA
“Nice prix fixe dinner”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This restaurant serves fondue as well as a variety of other dishes. I dined here twice during my trip to New York, and both times the experience was good. The prix fixe menu offers a good value, and the food is savory. I will return.

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Fond of Fondue”
Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

After having fondue for the first time in New York over 30 years go, I have always equated the city with the dish. Back then the place to go was La Fondue. Well it took me nearly 20 years to get back to the city and I had a craving for fondue. Unfortunately, La Fondue had closed down so my daughter and I had to find a new restaurant. Two choices came up in our quest: Artisnal and Swizz. We opted for Swizz because it was closer to our hotel. To keep a long story short we thought the food was excellent, and so was the service. The only things stopping me from giving it a five star rating are: 1. They did not have a meat fondue on the menu, and 2. I found the price a little steep for a basic cheese fondue. However, I would still go back so the price can't be "that steep". I would highly recommend leaving room for any of their desserts.

West Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Ambience and Authentic Swiss Cuisine”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My spouse and I thoroughly enjoyed dinner at the Swizz Restaurant - he had the Veal Sausage with Onion Sauce and I had the Veal with Mushrooms Zurich Style. It was so authentic and tasted just like the meal I had in Zurich in January. We will go again with friends and plan to share the cheese fondue for starters. Looked delicious ....

• Visited February 2012
New Forest, UK
“OK but not special”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We had a meal early before theatre and the place was fairly quiet. Service was brisk and friendly. I hadn't had a fondue since they were became fashionable in the UK 20 or 30 years ago and, apart from the congeniality shared eating creates, I didn't feel I'd missed much. We had sides of mushroom, potato and apple to reduce dependency on bread, though we did get a 2nd helping of bread too without asking. It was OK and the quantities were reasonable but it gets a bit boring, and I felt the price was on the high side considering there isn't all that much skill etc involved.

Visited December 2011