“nice botquie hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #122 of 479 Hotels in New York City
Hong Kong, China
“nice botquie hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

i stayed here 4 months ago and ia m glad i did as this hotel provided excellent serivce the staff where friednly the rooms are really clean and spacious the location is right in the centre of new york so easy to get around
would stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hongzu C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Bar snacks are complimentary, the rooms are a good size for New York and ours faced so the courtyard so was lovely and quiet. The swimming pool is a little haven in which to relax and I was even offered the use of an IPad whilst relaxing after my swim. Excellent customer service and extra touches made this an excellent choice which I shall return to.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank cakem0nster
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a fantastic hotel. Service is immaculate and so is the atmosphere. You really feel that you are staying at the old meet packing district with all the luxury and sophistication you need. I stayed for a week for work and loved my stay. Could not wait all day to get back to my room and the beautiful living room by the fire place.

Very quick and efficient check in and highly attentive front desk staff. Check out like wise. Rooms are all different and have amazing decoration taking you back in time but also reminding you are in 2014 NYC.

Cant wait to go back.

Please note that it is a very expensive hotel but is worth it. It is however not for the corporate typical five star central park west luxury customer. Rather for the very sophisticated traveller looking for something different. It is not very convenient for mid town and up town appointments.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Cigarfreak
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

This hotel provided us with the perfect NYC weekend. It is a welcoming and relaxing hotel and the staff make you feel like a special guest. Located in Tribeca, it is close enough to walk to to Soho for shopping. The decor is fantastic, the rooms are so comfortable and quiet. The large drawing rooms are a inviting place for a drink. We used the serene spa and pool area and our massages were great. The restaurant in the hotel, Locanda Verde is highly recommended...food and service are fantastic! We have stayed in many 5 star NYC hotels before and this is now our favourite. The hotel and restaurant were a perfect experience!

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank curatedguide
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at the Greenwich hotel and It was just as fabulous as the first. I got treated like one of their celebrity guests and believe me, I'm no celebrity. The employees at the front desk were incredibly friendly and kind, wished me a happy birthday every time they saw me I almost felt as if I were in disneyland. Kai, Katherine, Evelyn, Danielle, and Tom in the Drawing Room truly made this a memorable stay. Do yourselves a favor and order breakfast in the morning....it will make you want to extend your stay another night just to be able to order another meal. Delicious! And don't get me started on the complimentary mini bar products. A truly luxurious touch. Thank you for a wonderful stay I know I will be back in the future!

• Stayed March 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have stayed here on 4 separate occasions now and it is definitely my favorite hotel in NYC and one of my favorites in the world. it is understated chic, beautifully quiet and just so refined in all the best ways. the pool is absolutely gorgeous and there is no better place to be than dining in the courtyard being served from Locanda Verde! ahh take me back!

it is expensive but you get what you pay for. There was one time that we checked in and were given a room with a much smaller layout/bathroom but after mentioning this to the staff we were swiftly moved to a better room.

Room Tip: rooms with a tub feel more spacious.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I booked a $700.00 per night room at the hotel for a Wednesday night. I was traveling from boston for an important meeting on Wall Street. On my way down, I got the stomach flu and had to quickly change my plans and return home. My assistant called the hotel immediately before 3:00pm in the afternoon on the day of arrival. My meeting was rescheduled for the following week on the same day. To our amazement and disappointment, the hotel insisted on charging us the full one night stay plus taxes and would also not allow us to simply move the reservation to the following week? On top of it, they were rude and insulting with an arrogant attitude. No sense of customer service whatsoever. A Four Seasons they are not!! Travel the globe and would never think about stepping foot in this hotel again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
7 Thank Ellie K
TheGreenwich, General Manager at Greenwich Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
I am extremely sorry that you feel such anger and frustration, and am sorry that we have to charge anyone for a late cacellation.
Each reservation is accompanied by a cancellation and amendment policy, clearly stated in writing, that 48 hours is required in advance of the change to avoid a charge.
We make allowances all the time for rescheduling and illness but both parties who called about your cancellation, on your behalf, claimed that you had said you were a regular guest and stayed with us all the time. We were unable to verify this and have no record of your name.We therefore find it hard to believe the other reasons behind your cancellation.
You are welcome to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to offer you a credit for the nights charge if we are wrong in that respect.
With respect - Philip Truelove, General Manager