“The extras” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #112 of 464 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“The extras”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Bar snacks are complimentary, the rooms are a good size for New York and ours faced so the courtyard so was lovely and quiet. The swimming pool is a little haven in which to relax and I was even offered the use of an IPad whilst relaxing after my swim. Excellent customer service and extra touches made this an excellent choice which I shall return to.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cakem0nster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

This hotel provided us with the perfect NYC weekend. It is a welcoming and relaxing hotel and the staff make you feel like a special guest. Located in Tribeca, it is close enough to walk to to Soho for shopping. The decor is fantastic, the rooms are so comfortable and quiet. The large drawing rooms are a inviting place for a drink. We used the serene spa and pool area and our massages were great. The restaurant in the hotel, Locanda Verde is highly recommended...food and service are fantastic! We have stayed in many 5 star NYC hotels before and this is now our favourite. The hotel and restaurant were a perfect experience!

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank curatedguide
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at the Greenwich hotel and It was just as fabulous as the first. I got treated like one of their celebrity guests and believe me, I'm no celebrity. The employees at the front desk were incredibly friendly and kind, wished me a happy birthday every time they saw me I almost felt as if I were in disneyland. Kai, Katherine, Evelyn, Danielle, and Tom in the Drawing Room truly made this a memorable stay. Do yourselves a favor and order breakfast in the morning....it will make you want to extend your stay another night just to be able to order another meal. Delicious! And don't get me started on the complimentary mini bar products. A truly luxurious touch. Thank you for a wonderful stay I know I will be back in the future!

• Stayed March 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have stayed here on 4 separate occasions now and it is definitely my favorite hotel in NYC and one of my favorites in the world. it is understated chic, beautifully quiet and just so refined in all the best ways. the pool is absolutely gorgeous and there is no better place to be than dining in the courtyard being served from Locanda Verde! ahh take me back!

it is expensive but you get what you pay for. There was one time that we checked in and were given a room with a much smaller layout/bathroom but after mentioning this to the staff we were swiftly moved to a better room.

Room Tip: rooms with a tub feel more spacious.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I booked a $700.00 per night room at the hotel for a Wednesday night. I was traveling from boston for an important meeting on Wall Street. On my way down, I got the stomach flu and had to quickly change my plans and return home. My assistant called the hotel immediately before 3:00pm in the afternoon on the day of arrival. My meeting was rescheduled for the following week on the same day. To our amazement and disappointment, the hotel insisted on charging us the full one night stay plus taxes and would also not allow us to simply move the reservation to the following week? On top of it, they were rude and insulting with an arrogant attitude. No sense of customer service whatsoever. A Four Seasons they are not!! Travel the globe and would never think about stepping foot in this hotel again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
7 Thank Ellie K
TheGreenwich, General Manager at Greenwich Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
I am extremely sorry that you feel such anger and frustration, and am sorry that we have to charge anyone for a late cacellation.
Each reservation is accompanied by a cancellation and amendment policy, clearly stated in writing, that 48 hours is required in advance of the change to avoid a charge.
We make allowances all the time for rescheduling and illness but both parties who called about your cancellation, on your behalf, claimed that you had said you were a regular guest and stayed with us all the time. We were unable to verify this and have no record of your name.We therefore find it hard to believe the other reasons behind your cancellation.
You are welcome to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to offer you a credit for the nights charge if we are wrong in that respect.
With respect - Philip Truelove, General Manager

santa barbara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

After traveling in Iceland for 8 nights I was really looking forward to my first stay at the Greenwich Hotel and relaxing in our room before another long flight home. Our suite, room 501, was beautiful. I believe it was a studio suite as there was no separation between bedroom and living area. It did have a powder room in the entry way in addition to the full bathroom. The bathroom had a large marble soaking tub that filled up incredibly quickly, a separate marble shower, double sink, water closet with bidet and a beautiful mosaic tile floor. The bed was comfortable, pillows a bit too soft and the bed headboard, if not antique, looked it- dark wood with inlaid star- really beautiful. The sitting area had a very cozy leather couch, coffee table and a few chairs with table.

Our plan was to relax and have room service dinner while we watched the Olympics. The issue was the TV- it would play for 30 minutes and then shut off and could not be turned back on. It had somehow been set to a sleep timer which we could not turn off so the hotel sent up a tech to fix it. He fixed it and then within 10 minutes the TV remote alerted us that the batteries were out. My husband had 2 spare in his bag so we replaced them. Ordered chicken caesar starter and Mac and cheese entree from room service. It arrived quickly and was great - a lot of chicken on the starter caesar and the size of the salad was not an appetizer size, definitely main course. The second time the TV went blank/turned off automatically and wouldn't turn back on, it happened while we were watching the Olympics in bed. Although we wanted to watch the games we didn't want to deal with someone coming up to our room again so we went to bed.

The next morning while I was having a bath and husband was watching Olympic curling it cut out again (3rd time), of course during the last few seconds of the event. The TV did turn on again but it took a few minutes. We had a late check out and returned to the room after breakfast downstairs to watch more Olympics and that is the 4th time the TV decided to not work. Again the tech came up to the room but this time we had audio but no picture. The tech couldn't figure it out so he brought us an extra TV to our room.

We ordered room service lunch- chicken caesar and vegetable sandwich- it arrived and we failed to check the order before the server left. We received a chicken-less caesar salad and a bacon grilled cheese sandwich. I almost picked up the phone to call but we didn't have the time to wait for a new order to be made.

We love small boutique hotels because of their attention to detail and exemplary service. For the 1300 a night room, we definitely expected more.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank 1995sb21
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just got back from NYC and a fabulous stay at the Greenwich hotel. From the super friendly doormen to the front desk and housekeeping, service was beyond compare. Our room was spacious, beautiful and meticulously clean. We loved the free snacks and drinks in our room. The lounge are was very cozy and the food was great. We ate breakfast every morning in front of the roaring fire. Thank you for such a great experience. This will be our go to hotel for future visits to the city.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family