“Wonderful hotel”
Review of Greenwich Hotel

Greenwich Hotel
Ranked #96 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just got back from NYC and a fabulous stay at the Greenwich hotel. From the super friendly doormen to the front desk and housekeeping, service was beyond compare. Our room was spacious, beautiful and meticulously clean. We loved the free snacks and drinks in our room. The lounge are was very cozy and the food was great. We ate breakfast every morning in front of the roaring fire. Thank you for such a great experience. This will be our go to hotel for future visits to the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ksffw
There are newer reviews for Greenwich Hotel

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I just spent an evening at the Greenwich Hotel and throughly enjoyed our stay. We stayed in room 311 which (based on prior reviews) met our high expectations. The hotel has a kind-of far-east-meets-west but rustic/deco decor. While there, we took advantage of the Spa and both had excellent massages. The pool area is a nice retreat with its "old/traditional Japanese" decor. I had a good workout in the well equipped gym, then showered and swam laps in the pool (10 strokes to the lap) overall a nice work out. The pool attendant was helpful and offered post workout refreshments while I read the Times on my iPad (free WiFi throughout the hotel. Breakfast was relaxed and excellent (A John Stewart sighting and some other entertainment types). One Gripe: They don't offer any California Chardonnay and after dinner we wanted a wee dram of Port but they were out! Despite that oversight, I recommend this Hotel.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 30, 2014

In a city and a neighborhood that has more outstanding hotels than any other, it's hard to stand out in the crowd, but once again Robert DeNiro has managed to pull off the nearly impossible! Not only is his hotel a pet sanctuary (THEY REALLY LOVE DOGS), but the staff goes above and beyond to make sure that your stay is nothing less than perfect. The rooms are spacious, the Spa is one of the best...ever! Fabulous location, great reastaurant, great bar, what else needs to be said?

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cliff m
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I finally got a chance to stay at the Greenwich hotel. I used to live in NYC and whenever I visited the city I used it as an opportunity to check out different hotels. My experience at the Greenwich was nearly perfect. I liked its design, the courtyard, the homey and thoughtful designed room, the complementary snack basket, the freshly baked gourmet crispy oatmeal cookies, the selection of books in the room, the spacious and beautifully tiled bathroom, the lounge areas and the spa.

I also loved the location because it's not as touristy and walking distance to SoHo. I was able to run along the river every day during my stay. It's also walking distance to great restaurants in the neighborhood.

This is what other boutique hotels should benchmark after.

Room Tip: Amazing decor and attention to details there is no bad room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank WorldTravelerBasel
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed for only one night (unfortunately) with my husband and it was pretty much perfect. We booked with an Am Ex Platinum card and were upgraded to a lovely room (#416). It had the most amazing bathroom with a gorgeous free-standing tub, plus awesome shower and a dry sauna... The room itself overlooked the inner courtyard and was super quiet. The manager left us a bottle of wine in the room with a note ("thanks for returning, enjoy your stay") which, considering we have only been there one other night about 2 years ago was quite nice.

We both enjoyed spa treatments and I love the indoor pool area. It is beyond relaxing - so peaceful and tranquil it really is hard to believe it's in NYC. Dinner at the restaurant was delicious as was breakfast in the lounge area the next morning. That was one of my favorite parts of the stay actually... getting up in the morning and having delicious coffee while chatting with the staff. Everyone who works at the hotel is super nice and helpful. It truly feels like staying in someone's really cool, awesome house. I think it's easily one of the best hotels in the city.

Room Tip: inner courtyard room was super quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank josiegrammer
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Big room, perfect sheets, rainwater shower and a free mini bar refilled daily! These things alone would normally make a hotel stay for me but the Greenwich has so many extra touches of New York style including excellent staff and fabulous lounge areas around the hotel. If you want something understated and quite unique then this is the hotel for you.
Excellent location in TriBeCa, the cafe around the corner does a good matzo ball soup but the food in the hotel also looks delicious. It's worth getting one of the bigger rooms on a higher floor. Can't wait to return.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelClassic
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have wanted to stay at The Greenwich for some time now. I travel to NYC about once every year, and always like to try somewhere new (on the more upscale side). While I would not give this a five-star review if it were based purely on the grandeur of the property; but, that is exactly why I give TGH my five star rating. I stayed here in October 2013, and thoroughly enjoyed my one-night stay. I took full advantage of feeling as though TGH was my home away from home. It was an experience that, after only 24 hours, I felt completely rejuvenated. I arrived early and checked out late. The restaurant, Locanda Verde, is buzzing at night with a great bar area and amazing food/wine list. The gym and spa/pool area were absolute gems. My only complaint is that the TV in my room did not have good reception, but the amazing bed more than made up for it. My most recent hotel stay was at the Mandarin, Las Vegas - and the two hotels do not compare (so, if you are looking for a chi-chi spa type hotel, I would say, this is not the place for you). If you want an exclusive hideaway hotel with pampering and a cool ambience, then you should consider staying at TGH.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business