“The best!”
Review of Greenwich Hotel

Greenwich Hotel
Ranked #178 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Greenwich is our new number one! The best hotel we have ever stayed at, and by a decent margin. Our family of six had a ten night stay and cannot find any fault or failing for this amazing hotel...nothing but praise.

The hotel is in trendy Tribecca...only a block from the Hudson River, loads of great restaurants nearby, easy walk to the downtown area and close to the subway. It is the definition of five stars...from the minute we walked in we were welcomed warmly and had the feeling of genuine interest from the staff and a desire to help make our stay the best it could be.

We had two connecting rooms...a corner suite which joined up with another room. It worked perfectly for us. The rooms are beautifully appointed, with real personal touches of quality and style. Beds were great, WiFi strong, and a free mini bar (excluding alcohol). Furniture and fixtures wre all of a high quality. The showers are the best we have ever used, and we took pictures in order to one day emulate them in our home!

The basement pool was a lovely sanctuary, and the gym had high quality equipment and was immaculate at all times, as were the change rooms. The hotel restaurant was quality...great food, prepared by the kitchen of the attached, highly rated Locanda Verde.

Special mention of the Concierge desk...everyone was great. Nothing was too much, they had great tips about everything, and helped us every day. Best ever.

We will be back...as much as possible!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RWA11

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I read a previous reviewers comments before I booked my reservation at the Greenwich Hotel...and he said "...if you enjoy charming places with lots of character, just book it..." I trusted the review and did as he said. I am so glad that I did.

The entire staff at the Greenwich Hotel is simply lovely. Every single employee was upbeat, friendly, personable and helpful.

The hotel design, layout, furnishings, private and comfy spaces were masterful. The rustic wood wainscoting in the hallways and ceiling beams reminded me of a retreat in the Australian outback called Burrawang West (check it out). These rustic details mixed with the warm colors and furnishings were so inviting...

I recommend a work-out in the well appointed gym in the morning, followed by breakfast either in the library or outside in the courtyard. The hotel homemade granola mixed with yogurt and berries is delicious!

If this is a VIP location, I didn't notice it, and the clientele did not exude self-importance. I actually felt comfortable, as I do in countries outside the United States, saying good morning to my fellow guests as I entered the library in the morning. It's that kind of place. I did wonder if the woman on the cell phone as I was checking out was Meg Ryan, or did she just look like her...

Oh, and I slept really well...no honking horns as I have experienced in uptown hotels. Like the previous reviewer said, just book it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank safetravel
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great Hotel as great is the owner (MR. ROBERT DENIRO). Very good Italian cousine at the TAVERNA VERDE and with great selection and research of italian niche wines.THE SWIMMING POOL IS A PLUS FOR ANY HOTEL IN NY
A palce to stay in NY. A lot of "VIP WATCHING"

Room Tip: I stayed at the 5th floor overlooking a street and was absolutely quite. No noise at all.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I did my home work before staying at The Greenwich, I read reviews, I youtubed clips, I looked at images on the net, why? Because I wanted the end of my working holiday to be amazing. I'm here to tell you, go for it! If you like charming places with loads of charachter just book it and enjoy. Don't do too much more research if your even semi normal, you'll love it. Great location to explore SoHo shops on foot and many other places for you to discover. Some really good members on the team, I don't think I was just lucky that i felt I was looked after, these are true professionals. My room was one of the smaller on offer and it was plenty big enough for me with it is a fairly new hotel and the designers, Decorators and builders have gone to great lengths to make it feel like a warm, lived in Stately home, this alone is worth the stay (to see the detail). I loved getting up early and having the whole pool , gym, and spa to myself. It really was everything I wanted.You'll be spoilt on many levels. I hope you enjoy!

Room Tip: All rooms are one a kind, don't worry, just book it!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Marlon D
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after a trip travelling through New England in the fall. Courtesy of Amex we received a double upgrade and the room was very comfortable, the dreamiest bed (cloud like pillows!) a sofa so comfortable I wanted to take it home and an enormous room sized double shower! The complimentary soft drinks in the well stocked mini bar and basket of help yourself snacks are a great touch - as these are usually so expensive in hotels that they make you resentful at their very presence! The fact that the bar areas are only available to guests gives the place it's exclusive feel, the courtyard is very pretty but it was a little cool to sit when we were there. The stunning bar, leather sofas and chairs, dimly lit with a roaring fire at all times of the day is somewhere you just want to chill out for hours. The pool and spa is stunning, peaceful and definitely worth a visit. The connected restaurant serves a stunning brunch and beautiful rustic Italian food and you don't even have to hit the street to enter it! It's in a great location, we had never stayed in TriBeCa before and we explored everywhere by foot and it is surrounded by great bars and restaurants and not far from soho etc for shopping!
The staff from check in to check out were friendly, welcoming & helpful, from the reception desk to the guys on the doors. They obviously have a lot of celebs/VIPs staying but they made us feel as important as the next person. Which is how it should be (but so often isn't) at such expensive hotels! Yes it's pricey, but all in all it's a stunning experience and one we would love
to repeat one day!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was only staying at the hotel for 5 days and it was absolutely lovely.. arrived late in the evening but the fabulous reception staff managed to get me a table at their Italian restaurant (food was amazing!), the room wasn't huge but a rather good size; there was a handwritten welcome note on the table along with couple of huge and delicious cookies which I thought was a nice touch.. There was a basket full of complimentary chocolate, crisps, pretzels and other snacks as well as a great selection of soft drinks.. everybody of the staff from the cleaner to reception was very attentive and it felt as if they genuinely cared about you.. the location of the hotel is good, walked to many places instead of taking the subway (few subway lines are within a short walking distance). Travelling alone and visiting NYC for the very first time I was a little worried that I might not feel safe enough after dark but after a day or so you can work out the surroundings fairly quickly. Sipping drinks in the hotel's courtyard was a lovely experience, so was the swimming pool and the spa. bumped into couple of celebrities and very important people whilst at the hotel but didn't feel as if I received any different treatment from them... the service was outstanding and more important to me that the facilities at the hotel. Having said that, it would have been nice to have had a bathtub in the room. The soap, shampoo, conditioner etc were from their award winning spa and I bought few of those upon my departure as they were just lovely.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The little detail or the big picture....I can not decide what made me gush about my stay at the Greenwich Hotel. The place has so much spirit and your eyes never tire of finding all the details in the design and decor. Each room is apparently unique but I only saw mine so I can only speak to the fact that I could move in if it had a kitchen. Very comfy bed, view into the courtyard and a big bathroom with huge soaking tube are some of the highlights.
The little details is that they had a basket of snacks and drinks available and each night you came back to a turn down bed and water.
The staff, maybe that is what made it so special, was fantastic. Each time you came and went they seemed so happy to see you and they wanted to know what you did with your day. Lovely people.
Bring your bathing suit because the pool is dreamy.

Room Tip: The rooms facing inwards have a nice view of the courtyard, but are also quiet so if you want to sta...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends