“excellent hotel”
Review of Greenwich Hotel

Greenwich Hotel
Ranked #171 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed here 3 times, and had an amazing stay every time. Love the hotel Lobby. Just a classy quiet way to check in. Off the lobby is a beautiful library that has comfortable couches, a nice small bar, and in winter a roaring fireplace. Its a very quiet and relaxing. There is a nice courtyard off the library as well. Each stay was in a different room. Each room was very differently designed and very nice. Really enjoy the rain showers in bathroom.
Attached to hotel is a fabulous restaurant Locando. We have eaten brunch and dinner, and the food is great. Its really a happening scene at night.

Room Tip: all rooms are very different and very nice. I always prefer higher floors
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had a great long weekend at the Greenwich. The only reason it is not five stars is that the bed was not great and the price is a little high, but they really take good care of their guests.

The guest only lounge is great as is the spa.

The water pressure in the shower and soaking tub were amazing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I am new to tripadvisor reviews, but I have used it a lot in my travels...so I thought I should start sharing the amazing places I find... This one was definitely one of them.

I have stayed in New York many times, and normally in Mid Town area...even the nice hotels are nondescript and you are just a number. At the Greenwich instead, in Tribeca, you are a person, and the doorman (who is always very well dressed and polite) even remembers your name. It is the first time I have stayed in a hotel in New York where I thought that I felt "at home away from home"...pretty amazing.

The decor was fabulous, and the room very spacious. They have lots of little snacks and N/A beverages which are included in the rate (which is nice), and the beds are very comfortable.

Above all i thought the staff was amazing. Very friendly and helpful yet professional.

If you are planning a trip to NY, I highly recommend this hotel... oh, and the restaurant is truly authentic italian cuisine!

Room Tip: all the rooms are different. I was in 306 and it was very nice, with a big shower. A colleague of mi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank passionfortravel24
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in (and one of the more expensive ones) I went with girlfriends and we had two adjoining rooms that were really beautiful. Easch room was large with a good sized bathroom, and one even had a soaking tub that fills with water in 60 seconds. One of my biggest regrets of the trip was that we didn't have time for a bath! But the shower was equally luxurious, with both a regular shower head and a rainwater shower head in a separate shower stall. The room itself was very large by NY standards with a sitting area that felt separate simply because the room was designed with wood on the alls and ceiling where the small sofa and chairs were while the rest of the room had high ceilings. Each room is decorated differently, but both our rooms had this wood sectioned sitting area that was cosy and nice to sit in. All the items in the mini bar -- Cracker Jack, chocolate chip cookies, and other treats, are complimentary -- you only pay for liquor and since our rooms looked out on the hotel's beautiful courtyard we never heard any kind of city noise ever. It was quite possibly the quietest night I have ever spent in New York. The doors to all the rooms are made of solid antique oak and are beautiful and also great at keeping out any noise. You need a key to get to the upper floors in the hotel which is nice from a security point of view...The courtyard would be a lovely place to enjoy drinks in the summer, but it was a bit too cold when we were there, so we instead spent one evening drinking in The Drawing Room, a lovely sitting room/bar where you can have morning coffee, afternoon cocktails, or be served food from the hotel's outstanding restaurant Locanda Verde which is literally right next to this room. We drank delicious Cosmopolitans, ate terrific appetizers from the restaurant next door, and spotted two Hollywood stars while we were there. It was the prefect New York experience! The room has a giant fireplace and lots of low lying couches and easy chairs and service is friendly but professional. The hotel also has a beautiful spa with a gorgeous indoor pool that is kept at 85 degrees and was an oasis of calm. There is free internet at the hotel but it didn't work very well for us, but everything else was pretty much perfect. There are lots of great restaurants in the neighbourhood, and we particularly enjoyed Bouley and Bubby's...but there is not a ton of shopping nearby so if that is your focus you will need to cab it or take the subway our of the neighbourhood. If you are looking to splurge, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Rooms 302 and 303 and they both overlook the courtyard and are beautiful!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel is an unforgettable oasis in a busy city and during a hectic holiday. Our large room was decoarated well, with fabulous big sofa to sink into, a huge bed and so much space, makes the room much more comfortable for longer stays. The double shower with dark blue tiles felt like a mini spa and the complimentary mini bar was great for water and midnight snacks!
Hotel was quietly gentile with staff helpful but not intrusive. The outdoor courtyard was lovely and the basement pool was great to return to after a long hours of walking. The peacefulness of the hotel made you forget you were in the middle of busy New York and was an ideal place to relax and recharge before our next days adventures. We didn't see Robert (de Niro) unfortunately. I will be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Had a fantastic stay at the Greenwich Inn in Tribeca - NYC. What an awesome hotel. It was almost like staying at your cool friend's house - if your friend is totally connected to NY scene ! First day ran into Christie Turlington, 2nd day - Girard Depardieu; pretty cool folks. The rooms are lovely - frette linens; carrera marble; hardwood floors; high ceilings; Bose speakers; fully stocked mini bar :) The gym and spa are awesome - just what you need to work off the fantastic food at the Locanda Verde restaurant and the in house lounge, which is only open to hotel guests. We had 2 great meals at Locanda Verde and the Ily coffee in the morning was delicious. (Thank you Brandon - you make a mean Americano Misto, my friend). Our only complaint (and I am stretching to find one - really) is that we had communicated to the hotel that I was gluten free and asked them to update our in room mini bar and snack basket with g-free treats, and that wasn't done; BUT... they did create a special gluten free menu and gave to us when we checked in for the lounge. That was above and beyond! Our thanks to the team on the front desk for taking such good care of us, their recommendations and their directions! We will be back and we thank you for your help to make our stay memorable. (also - thanks to our lovely housekeeper - she was super friendly and our room was sparkly and clean each day!)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 502 - very quiet and at the end of the hall. Loved the location - couldn't hea...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

From the minute you walk in you sense this is a special place. The staff is very friendly and welcoming doing everything in person from escorting you to their lunch area to touring you in your room. Comfy beds, included mini bar and snacks, lovely rooms BUT.....the wireless didn't work and even after 15 minutes on the phone with an IT person no wireless our entire stay. No one even called back to see if it was now working. In addition, the attached restaurant with excellent food, would not seat me for breakfast to have coffee until my wife was present. Sorry, at almost 1k per night this is absolutely ridiculous. Add that to a 10 minute wait for the elevator (on my watch) Sunday am at 1030 and you have a 2-3 Star! (Yes, their wonderful manager, she was very attentive, did send the obligatory bottle of wine as an apology but frankly, we had great wines at dinner and when we travel we want it right the first time)

Would I go back....yes BUT now I, and you, know what to look for. Many options out there at this price but perhaps the celeb trade is more important to them.

Room Tip: They have rooms with separate showers and bath tubs but if you choose the room with a deep tub, it s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple