Greenwich Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
The Frederick Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness center
Smyth Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Duane Street Hotel(New York City)
Arlo SoHo(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslocanda verdedrawing roomshibui spaunderstated luxurythe free mini barlibrary loungedeep bathtubnew yorkfrench doorshome away from homeunique hoteladjacent restauranthardwood floorscorner suiterain showerbath productsfour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Greenwich during Hurricane Sandy and on many levels all I can say is WOW.
I spend two weeks a month travelling and am fortunate to have stayed in some stunning hotels, what is unique about the Greenwich is the soul of the place and its staff, it is quiet, understated, cool yet entirely unpretentious we have all stayed in cool hotels where you go to be seen. The Greenwich is a cool hotel where you go to be yourself and relax with phenomenal staff and attention to detail. During the Storm the general manager was on hand at all times, friendly, calm and measured, the staff dealt with the situation with out losing a step. Eventually we lost power so the following day the hotel found me a hotel with power on 56th, I enjoyed my stay so much at the Greenwich I would have happily continued to stay without power. The rooms are good, the food is good but the staff and the management make this hotel exceptional. So please don't stay there as it is already difficult to get a room, but if you are lucky enough to stay, enjoy the best hotel in New York.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jprholder
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my second time in the hotel.
En bref, everything that had to do with the hotel was great. What we had a problem with was the breakfast service from the restaurant.
Reception was very accomodating and efficient. They had no problems with us changing the reservation in the last minute to avoid Sandy
Guys at the door - great help with family luggage
Rooms are not only nice, and well designed, but cool and cozy.
Also, no issue with family of four staying in a deluxe room (some other hotels would force you into two rooms, or a suite)
Bar at night is hapenning, and service is very good.

My issue with the restaurant is that we have asked for some special dietary requirments for breakfast. It was not there, which apparently was fault of the reception. But the tone in which it was communicated to us by a waitress was condesending and unhelpful. Even my 8 year od daughter noticed tat. Then they mixed up the whole order, comign back twice with things we did not order. Butter was not brought in even after 3rd request. And I can go on and on...Now, I know restaurant is not part of the hotel, but it is a part of the hotel experience, and that even kids notice that people are rude and unhelpful really stands out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Klanovice65
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel lived up to expectations. If you stay in New York, you can spend your money two ways - on a non-descript luxury hotel in midtown (faux luxury that is designed to show wealth), or you can find a bespoke hotel like The Greenwich. The shared spaces, the rooms, the service, the attention to small detail, all suggest real thought and care about experience. You genuinely feel special when visiting. Not just because of cloying over-friendly service either. Rooms feel like individual apartments. Bathrooms are beautiful but have function inherent - deep baths, the most powerful shower ever! Complimentary snacks and soft drinks (no petty charges). Food from the restaurant available in the hotel, rather than separately. It was wonderful.

The hotel is amazing and what is more, they looked after us before, during and after Hurricane Sandy in Oct/Nov 2012. Sadly, when the power went out on lower Manhattan we had to leave, but the concierge staff organised a room for us uptown.

A huge thank you to the staff who were brilliantly helpful, despite needing their own food, water and heat in this time of crisis. They showed us what good service really means.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, but the more money you spend the better. Room 209 was amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam D
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My Mum and I stayed here, as well as a couple of other high-end hotels and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. The decor is beautiful, the room itself was gorgeous and spacious, and the bathroom (and bath products) to die for. Breakfast in the stunning courtyard is something everyone should experience (even if you are not staying in the hotel). You can't believe you are in the middle of NYC. I can still taste the toast with ricotta and burnt orange jam! Staff are so lovely. Lots of great restaurants in the area (including next door) and a Whole Foods and giant Barnes & Noble just down the street. It is in a relatively quiet neighbourhood (Tribeca) ie lots of great restaurants, a park with a growers market on the weekend, but shopping district and closest subway a 10-15 minute walk away (the only slight negative, if you want to be in the thick of the action). But I really, really, loved this place

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Five nights and I am hooked. Relaxed and inviting, this hotel will charm and impress even the most seasoned traveller. We stayed in a deluxe king room and it was spacious, with a spectacular bathroom and deep soaker tub. Couldn't hear a peep from the neighbours thanks to the sound-proof construction. Meals in the lounge area were delicious (for breakfast do not hesitate - get the French toast!) The gym is well equipped, and the change room has a fabulous steam shower you must try. The spa is very relaxing and I enjoyed a massage by a very capable and attentive masseuse. The remarkably soft kimonos had me thinking I should wear one all the time. The restaurant at the hotel - Locanda Verde - is very good and extremely popular. Staff are friendly and discreet. I simply can't wait to go back - it honestly took me days to come down from what was an amazing experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a separate soaker tub. Rooms facing the courtyard are said to be quieter - street construction was a bit loud one morning.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple