“Fabulous”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: West 53rd Street & 7th Avenue
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have been to NYC three times and every time I go, I make sure to go for a meal at this restaurant and I have never been disappointed. The first time my friend and I both had the roast chicken and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. The second time, I was by myself and tried the chicken again and was not disappointed. This last time, I went with another friend and we went there for dinner one day and I had the mussels, the best that I have ever had and I live on the West Coast and go to a French Restaurant in Vancouver. The day we left, I had the Chicken Schnitzel salad. I have never had a better salad and the dressing was to die for.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We obtained a reservation at this restaurant because of its location near our hotel and because of our fondness for french cuisine. Do not be misled. This place is a high-priced burger and fries joint. It did feature salmon (close as I could come to haute cuisine). It was undercooked, virtually raw on the inside. I noticed others being served burgers and fries. The bill came to over $100 for two. My advice: stay away.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

After an evening @ Alvin Ailey - a holidaze tradition - we walked over to Maison for late night supper - Black Bean soup - Pizza - Burgers big enough to share with those fab hand cut shoe string French fries and the hanger steak with ratatouille vegetables over mashed potatoes

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This restaurant took our attention because it was one of the few restaurants we found in NY midtown which does look and feel like an European (French) restaurant. The interior is very atmospheric, 40's style.The menu variation is good and the quality of food excellent. Attention of personnel was good and fast. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Went to Maison for appetizers and drinks at the bar after a Sunday matinee show. One of our favorite places for it's quaintness, and cordial, friendly staff. Great appetizers...had the calamari, always good. One of the staff stopped by to chat and found out the occasion for our visit to NYC was to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. The manager brought out two champagne flutes, and immediately filled them for us. Such a pleasant surprise, gave us such a warm feeling. She also brought us a small plate of chocolates. Maison is a definite must visit restaurant. They also outdoor seating weather permitting. Menu has something for everyone. Great place to relax and have a wonderful meal. Every time we're in NYC, we always stop at Maison.