“perfect 'little' slice”

Ranked #283 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“perfect 'little' slice”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Looking for a great, QUIET, place to rest your weary feet after running around Manahattan?! This is for you. Quiet, clean, pleasant, and tucked away in the middle of everything. My only hestitancy in telling you about it, is that it could be hard for me to book the next time I go back. Just don't use the concierge, they're outsourced though, so not a true depiction of the quality employees at the Wyndham.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hohagan
Wyndham-Chelsea, Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Thank you for your posting and feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at the Wyndham Hotel Chelsea and hope to see you again during your next stay. Please feel free to contact me at 212-243-0800 or by email at cyee@wyndhamcom so that we may provide you with the best room and best rate available for your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Here
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We got to the hotel early before check-in but they said it was no problem. The front desk lady, Whitney, checked us in with no problems. The lobby was small but I liked that because it felt more personal rather than just another guest. Our room was just like all the pictures I've seen on this site. Yes, it's small but we only planned to sleep there so it was perfect for us. The bathroom was clean and fresh. The bed was also clean (no bed bugs!). We were on the backside of the hotel so it was nice and quiet at night. No street noise. The resturant next door was so yummie and they were beyond nice!
A few hours after we checked in, Whitney called our room to make sure that the room was meeting our expectations and to see if we needed anything at all. I've NEVER had the front desk call to make sure I was happy with my room before. I was so plesantly suprised.
In the lobby they have a bunch of great useful information about the area including maps and good places to eat.
The hotel is 5 minutes from the subway which we loved since that's how we got around the most. I liked not being directly in the middle of "tourist land" because at the end of the day, I just wanted to relax after being a tourist myself.
I will be staying here again during my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GottheShirt
It is so great to hear about the stay of your group at our hotel. We are so happy to be a part of your trip to New York City. We really appreciate your time to write a review of our hotel, to provide detailed information about our hotel. We hope you have the opportunity to come stay with us again. I have shared your positive comments with Winnie as she was delighted to be at your service.

Please let us know anything we can do to be of assistance to you in the future.
Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed for two nights in June for a quick weekend get-a-way. The hotel is certainly no-frills, with a VERY small lobby and slow-ish elevators. Rooms are typical for NYC - very small, compact and efficient. The hotel staff was pleasant at all times. The location was excellent - only a few blocks from the 1 Train and walking distance to several fun neighborhoods. Only complaint is room temperature - we could not get the temperature to stabilize at a comfortable level. It was either WAY too cold or WAY too hot - and the the AC was on constantly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable, clean, pleasant place to stay in NYC.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EBM1107
Carlton Y, General Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for the very detailed reviewed of our hotel and your experience in Chelsea. We appreciate you staying with us. I will certainly share your kind words with the team.

I hope that you will stay with us the next time you visit Manhattan.

Carlton Yee
wyndhamnyc.com
Bristol
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed at the Wyndham at the end of May, for one week. My mantra for a city hotel has always been firstly, clean and secondly central. The Wyndham complied with both. I had read some awful reviews on TA and was unsure whether to cancel and look for another deal. I am very glad I didn't.

The room is small, but what do you expect in New York or any large city. It was spotlessly clean and so was the bed and mattress! always have a good look under the covers!). The location was ideal, just a little away from the noise of Mid Town but a few moments walk and you were on either 5th, Broadway or Avenue of the Americas! Madison Park and the Flat Iron Building are also just moments away. The subway stations are very close to Madison Park. There is an Italian Restaurant attached to the hotel, where the food is very good. Plenty of local deli's for snacks and drinks, and numerous restaurants up and down the Avenues to choose from, and not far to walk after a day's sightseeing.

In all the hotel and staff were a good spring board for the first leg of our three week tour of eastern USA and Niagara. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a decent quality hotel without breaking the bank in Manhattan. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Carlton Y, General Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your glowing review of the Wyndham Garden Chelsea. Our service team strives for excellence as guest satisfaction is our priority. I am glad to hear you found our amenities and location to your liking. I do look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us.

Carlton Yee
wyndhamnyc.com
Peoria
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We stayed one night, the staff was great. The foyer was really small, but decorated very nice.The rooms were smaller than I thought, but the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is very small, there is just a shower only. In walking distance of lots of places.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for the very kind words about our hotel and staff. I will certainly celebrate your comments with my entire team. All of our rooms are controlled via a thermostat located on the wall. I do apologize that you had difficulty with your unit. We do have staff available 24/7 to assist with any challenges our guests may incur.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with us and others looking for a place to stay in the greatest city.
Elizabeth, NJ
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed at the Wyndham Chelsea for the 2nd time and had a great stay! The room was ready before check-in and was clean and perfect! The front desk girl named Winnie was the biggest help in anything we all needed. We had a bachelorette party and we had a million questions. I can not wait to come back to NYC and stay here yet again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
I am so happy you enjoyed your trip to NYC! I am glad our staff was helpful and always smiling, especially Winnie. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review!
Springfield, New Jersey
Reviewed May 24, 2010

The room was smaller then most hotel suites but it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I slept like a baby. The service was impecable, staff was friendly and knowledgable of the area restaurants..

My friend and I had the best time staying there and visiting the restaurants in the neighborhood..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Wyndham-Chelsea, Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your thoughts with the staff, they will be happy to hear all your comments. Thank you for sharing your experience with both TripAdvisor and I.