“The Location & THE STAFF!”

Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #276 of 467 Hotels in New York City
speeknoevul
“The Location & THE STAFF!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

What makes this place is definitely the great location and the AMAZING staff. They are so fun and fill the reception with laughter and invite the guests to join in on the fun! :)

Shannon and Raj stand out...both with great recommendations. Also, Mike is hilarious. Had a great time. :) Everyone else was nice as well.

Recommendations & Considerations: normal rooms are a little small (bathroom as well), reconnecting to the Internet everytime you come back is a little annoying.

Room Tip: Request a bigger room (not sure if that is possible)? Don´t count on rooms being ready earlier than...
1 Thank speeknoevul
Carlton Y, General Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for your inspirational and detailed review of the Wyndham Garden Hotel Chelsea. Our team prides itself on being a leader in service as evidenced by your experiences with Lisa, Michael, and Raj. We also offer suites featuring walk out balconies for a nominal fee. Please contact me directly so that I may assist with your future reservations.

Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan Chelsea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here the past two nights. Lisa was great and upgraded me to a better room because I'm good looking and adorable. She should get a raise. I really like here. The hotel was lovely. I'd definitely go back. I get a discount because I've my company. Thanks company!!!

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade....i
1 Thank hansen05
Thank you for your glowing review of the Wyndham Garden Chelsea. Lisa and ouur service team strive for excellence as guest satisfaction is our priority. I am glad to hear you found our amenities and location to your liking. I do look forward to meeting you during your visit.

Stockholm

These are the positives:
- The bed was probably the best hotel bed I have ever slept in.
- The staff was helpful, friendly and overall really great.
- Rooms were spotless and clean. A huge thanks to the maid for the excellent work!
- Location was absolutely perfect. Great neighbourhood and close to the subway.

These were the negatives:
- The first night we got a room that was the noisiest hotel room I have ever been to. There was a fan right outside the door and the noise was as unexpected as loud... I can take traffic noise or even noise from other guests. This was not ok though as it sounded like I was in an airplane or next to a car. We asked for another room but were told to come back the next day as the hotel was full. After not much sleep we managed to get another room the next morning and from then on, everything was fine.
- There was no mini fridge in the room which was ok although a bit strange. I didn't mind though as we were able to buy water and other drinks from the front desk.
- Why do all hotels in the U.S and UK have broadloom carpets? Even though they are cleaned I don't even want to think about all the stuff you drag with you from the pavement that gets stuck in the carpet...

I didn't have breakfast at the hotel so can't say anything about the food quality.

Overall, compared to what you get from the same price in Europe, it's a bit basic. From what I have heard about NY prices though, it seems to be a great value-for-money hotel. I will definitely consider staying at the same hotel next time I am in NY.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennasa
Thank you for highlighting your stay with the Wyndham Garden Chelsea. I agree that our Simmons pillow top mattresses are second to none. Our prime location, five star staff, and spotless rooms separate us from the competition. We do offer suites which feature microwaves, refrigerators, sofa sleepers, and balconies featuring southern exposures of Manhattan. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the first room you received and am happy to hear the remainder of your stay was restful.

Please contact me directly when planning your next visit to New York City so I may provide you with an exceptional stay.

Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed 3 nights at the hotel. The location near the Flatiron building was very convenient to my work site, bars,restaurants and a good value. Staff was very friendly, professional, and accommodating. Room although fairly small (but typical for NYC) was laid out well, clean and quiet. Only downside was the lack of an exercise room. I will use this location again.

1 Thank Jim K
Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Garden Chelsea. Your detailed review will assist future guests in making a decision that best meets their needs. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service and clean rooms. I agree with you that our great location is second to none. We are within minutes of several subways, such as the F,M,N,R,1,6 lines. Furthermore, there are several restaurants and eateries (Tre Stelle, Raymi, Junoon, Tappo, Shake Shack, Eataly) within a five to ten minute walk from the hotel. We also offer day passes to the New York Health & Racquet Club, located one block away.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a great smaller hotel, with a great location. The staff is what makes this hotel a plus plus. Any complants on the hotels size has never stayed in big NYC hotels where you are pushed and shoved, and the staff does not know if you are a guest or not. Our room was quiet, brite, with a great big bed. Any one that complans about this hotel and staff should never leave Kansas let alone go to NYC. We in NYC for five days and were happy to get back to the hotel for a little peace and quiet. DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Our room was on the front street side, 24th is a side street so not a lot of noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank J W S
Thank you for reviewing the Wyndham Garden in Chelsea after your recent stay. Our hotel is located in the heart of Chelsea and bordering Midtown, Gramercy, and the Flatiron District. With area attractions such as Madison Square Park, the Empire State Building, Macy's, Times Square, the Theater District, and Rockefeller Center just minutes away you will be able to enjoy sculpture, theater, music, shopping, and much more. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit New York City.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed 10 nights at this hotel. Love the location as it is near the subway and the flatiron district. We had a room on the highest floor and it was fairly quiet except of the door banging noises from the rooms across the floors in the morning. Had no trouble sleeping because of the soft comfortable bed. Check in and out was fuss free and fast. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank babbleism .
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan Chelsea. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Our amenities such as complimentary high speed internet, 100% non-smoking rooms, high definition cable programming, and Simmons pillow top mattresses are a small sampling of all we have to offer. Your detailed experience will assist other travelers to make a decision that best meets their needs.