“Displeased stay”

Ranked #283 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Displeased stay”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My stay in Wyndham was a very displeased experience due to:
Very tight room space
Poor hospitality
Unfriendly staff
No mini bar at the room
Very very bad air conditioning system (very hot or very cold, system problem not operation or maintenance - I'm a mechanical engineer)
I didn't get any assistance with my luggage upon arrival

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Wyndham-Chelsea, General Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We appreciate your feedback from your recent stay. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with our heating and cooling unit. We do offer a full bar featured at Tre Stelle, our Italian restaurant. Our rooms are about 220 square feet which is similar to most hotels in New York City with our rating. We also offer room upgrades which are larger. We do appreciate your comments and I would like to discuss your experience further with you. At your convenience, I can be reached at 212-243-0800. I look forward to hearing from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Usa, Japan
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed in many a third world hotel and this one reminded me of some of them. Indeed, this hotel makes many of those hotels look good. The room i received was falling apart. It smelled. The room was so tiny there was not even a chair or desk. The carpet was stained in so many places one would lose count. The walls were paper thin. I travel a lot to NYC and chose this one because of its location. Never again.

Room Tip: Avoid the place. Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback from your stay at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea West. While we never want to hear that someone's stay is less than perfect, we always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests on what we can do to improve our services. We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered. We appreciate your insight and I would like to discuss your experience further with you. At your convenience, I can be reached at 212-243-0800. I look forward to hearing from you.
San Francisco
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The first room I was given (for what I booked) was a king sized bed, large room with a desk and large bathroom. Awesome! I loved it and the view was great. Then the heater started acting up and got really loud in the evening, so I called room service and they immediately came and moved me to another room with apologies. Not their fault at all, but I absolutely appreciated the speed! My second room was unfortunately smaller with no desk, which they apologized for because they were all booked up. I'll definitely stay here again - though it's worth noting that I didn't pay for the room, my company chose it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea Hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding your heating unit in your initial room. Thank you for reporting the problem. Rest assured, the unit has been serviced by our maintenance team. We are happy you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please contact us directly on your next trip to New York City so we may offer you the best room and rate.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was our fourth stay here. We love the location because we are big walkers and are crazy about easy access to so many lively neighbourhoods in the city. Friendly and attentive staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Wyndham-Chelsea, General Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your continued support. We are glad our location and staff contribute to your return visits. We look forward to hosting your next stay with us!