“The best Gastropub in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spitzer's Corner

Spitzer's Corner
Reserve with OpenTable
Spitzer's Corner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,252 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
brussels
“The best Gastropub in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

In the heart of the Lower East side on the hip and thriving Ludlow Street, Spitzer's Corner has a great rustic feel along with great beer and a friendly staff. This place is ideal for people in their mid-twenties who want to enjoy some of the world's best beer like Delirium Tremens. The beer is pricey but reasonable for its quality considering NYC prices. Also, you do not have to buy as many drinks because the beer is so strong. I suggest drinking Delerium slowly and not having more than two because it will end your night.

Spitzers is a great spot to meet up and hang out. It is usually crowded and loud but you can usually find room at the long tables.g

• Visited May 2013

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Corner up!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Have a beer, some fries and a great view on the crossing streets. The most amazing dressed people will pass and the bar will get busier every 15 minutes!

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Great place for craft beer, but I won't be back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I went here on 3/31 and just had a weird experience.
I was with a group of friends and was really happy to get a seat because normally that is impossible at this place on a Saturday night.

The selection of beers here is great and the male bartender in the back room was a STAR! He really did a great job.
However, we were sitting at a table and had to wait a really long time for the waitress. She rarely came and never even brought us water when I asked a couple of time. I told a few people by the cash registers that we didn't see her and they said they would find her for us. I also asked if we were just supposed to go to the bar instead and I didn't get a clear answer.

So I went to the bar and was told I had to show five different over 21 stamps to get 5 drinks for my table that was VERY thirsty at this point. So I brought up that our waitress was not being responsive. At that point the bartender / manager sent her home. It was all kind of strange.

I liked this place awhile ago, but it's just a little overrun now. I can't remember the last time I was stamped into a bar and had to show the stamp every time I needed a drink. there are just too many craft beer bars in NYC to go to this place again. I won't be back. Might be a good place if you are under 21 or want to hang out with a younger crowd. Also a ton of the Williamsburg crowd is here, so expect to see hipsters!

• Visited March 2013
Palo Alto, California, United States
“Great beer, fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Loved all of the beers on tap -- so many to choose from. They had some of my favorite wheat beer, so I was super happy.

The crowd was fun twenty/thirty-somethings, and everyone was super nice. I really liked the "scene". Big tables that allowed people to talk to each other, but private enough that you didn't have to if you didn't want to.

I would definitely come back... great times!

Visited March 2013
Arlington, VA
“Fabulous brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Wow! We stumbled upon this spot while waiting to be texted our table was ready at another hot spot around the corner. Lucky for us we decided to skip that spot and have brunch at Spitzer's!
We split the lemon ricotta pancakes, fabulous! But my favorite had to be the spinach and tomato omelette with goat cheese, comes with side salad and home fries. This spot is casual, think communal bench seats. We sat at the end of the table so felt had private space. Our neighbors had the French toast which also looked mouth watering. Place had a young vibe but food worth feeling old!!! Service perfect mg of coffee kept filled!

• Visited March 2013