“A travel experience in my backyard”
Review of Hakata Ippudo NY

Hakata Ippudo NY
Ranked #287 of 16,334 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Manhattan (Downtown)
Reviewed March 22, 2019

Greeted by shouts in japanese, I always enjoy my lunches inside Ippudo's brothy walls (I avoid dinner). I tend to go earlier to avoid the lunch time wait/rush, wbich begins around 1215 here on weekdays.

You can't go wrong with any of the ramens, and the staff is lots of fun. The buns and peppers are great appetizers. I would avoid the frozen beer, but it is kind of kitschy and fun.

Great spot. Not too touristy, but always a fun, lively time.

1  Thank marshimoto

Reviewed March 16, 2019

You could have a decent Tonkotsu Ramen but overpriced a bit.
Basically, not only here.
The most of New York Ramen prices were overpriced compared to the original Ramen prices in Japan that I felt when I go to Japan. LOL
If you like a tonkotsuTONKOTSU Ramen (pork broth Ramen,) here is the right place.
Because of their specialty is TONKOTSU Ramen
And one dish, it calls HIRATA buns, You have to try it!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2019

Went to Ippudo on 4th Ave bet 9-10 th Street.
Got there at 4:30 pm so we had the lunch menu not dinner menu.
Got really crowded right after we got there.
Seated in the back which was a bit cold. Service was great.
Had pork buns which were really good. Probably the best I've had.
My wife had a chicken appetizer (fried chunks of chicken with a spicy dipping sauce) which she really liked.
I had the Akamaru Ramen with soft boiled egg, my son had a house special ramen also with a soft boiled egg.
Everything was really good. Tasty ramen.
But expensive. Our bill came to $70 for just those items. Our ramen was $18 each (egg was $2 extra, ramen was $16). My guess is there's a significant profit margin in ramen!!

Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

I was really excited to go here because I used to live in Japan. I love Hakata ramen. It was really good, but not quite the same. The noodles were a little different.
It was great and I’m glad that we got a chance to go.

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

Just added this place to my “go to” list in NYC.

The appetizers we had (pork hirata buns, a grilled pork dish) were good, but not worth making a special trip for. The ramen was great.

They also have a small but nice beer list so you’re not limited only to the standard ones found at Japanese restaurants

Date of visit: February 2019