“Delicious ramen!!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I had dinner here and arrived approximately a quarter after 5. The place definitely started filling up with people. I ordered Yamitsuki Goma Kyuri (Japanese cucumber seasoned with Ippudo's original sesame oil sauce) for appetizer costing US $8.00. For my main course, I ordered Akamaru Modern Ramen - A delicious Tonkotsu (pork) soup noodles topped with Ippudo's secret "Umami Dama" miso paste, pork chashu, cabbage, sesame kikurage mushrooms, scallions, and fragrant garlic oil costing US $14.00. The ramen broth was absolutely delicious. It is a must have in NYC. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The place is so popular, that we had to wait nearly one hour for a table but it was definitely worth it! While waiting you can have some apetizers and drinks. The atmosphere was great, very energetic and the food simply fanstastic! The best ramen we've ever eaten!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I've heard nothing but positive things about this place. I didn't get a chance to check it out the first time we were in NYC but I definitely made sure to visit this place when we came back. Everyone told me how hard it was to get seated and although it was extremely busy when we got there we were seated in a booth right away. Our server was great and the food was EXCELLENT. Everything we ordered was sooooo good (the Hirata Buns, Chicken Wings, Akamuru Modern Ramen, and the Shiromaru Hakata Classic Ramen).
I definitely would recommend this place and continue to wish that would open one in LA someday.

1  Thank TravelingCee
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been trying to come in here a few times and the wait is always at least an hour. I was alone one day and snagged a spot at a "singles table" and not a word was spoken. The ramen was like butter and the pork was perfectly fatty.

1  Thank 661karrieg
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The Akamaru Modern ramen is my favorite grub of all time. I live in California but not a month goes by where I don't think about that savory bowl of perfection that is unfortunately across the country. I kid you not. I don't care how long the wait is whenever I go to Ippudo and I don't care how much I have to pay for a bowl of ramen. Did I mention that I'm a vegetarian? That doesn't stop me either. It is worth it!! Whenever a cheap airfare deal comes up I always contemplate hoping on the plane and traveling across the country just to have one bowl of Akamaru Modern. :)