“great ramen”

Hakata Ippudo NY
Ranked #326 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Manhattan
dallas
“great ramen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

great tasty noodles. best tasting ramen so far. long lines form quickly so be there early. I would stop by here when i can

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
New York City, New York, USA
“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Absolutely amazing. Best Ramen ever. The modern ramen soup is a must! Be ready to wait on weekends though. This is a very popular place!

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Pork buns from heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Order the hirata pork buns. Then order more. They're like eating little fluffy pillows filled with sweet, succulent pork. Two will not be enough (you get two per portion).
We also shared the special ramen on offer, with an extra hard boiled egg, which was packed full of flavour and as authentic as they come.

The oxtail practically fell off the bone and the spider crab was yummy.

This is not a place to eat at if you're in a rush and clearly is so fashionable that people are prepared to wait a ridiculous amount of time to sit (they, of course, don't take reservations); we sat for over 90 minutes waiting for a table, in quite a cramped bar area at the front. The cocktails were good though and it did look like you could get similar food at the bar if you can't handle the wait (whether the wait for food was as long as the wait for the table though, I'm not sure).

Seriously though, I've had some of the world's best pork buns in Hong Kong, and these are equally good.

• Visited October 2013
brooklyn, ny
“Pork buns!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The best I've ever had. Hands down! Actually everything was amazing. The ramen, salmon, staff. I can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited October 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Ridiculously bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was my first visit to Ippudo . I heard a lot good things about food but was really disappointed with ridiculous rules of this place. My friends were celebrating a promotion and I decided to join them at the last minute. I arrived to Ippudo when they were sited and ordered food already. I was informed by the hostess that there is no "add on policy" and that means even if they let me go in, I am not allowed to order food. This was fine with me as I was not hungry and just wanted to share the moment with my friends. I was sited when food was on a table and my friends we eating. I was reminded one more time that I can't order food ( I got it! ) . At some point my friend offered me to try the ramen and I took a spoonful from her bowl. In a few min the waitress served us with a check . When my friends told her that they are not ready for a check and want to order desert, the waitress told them that she saw me eating, and now they are not allowed to order desert!!!! Are you serious?!!!!! I was told I can't order, but now I couldn't even try from somebody else's plate?!!!!! What is this ? A Nazi soup kitchen from Signfield????
After some arguing, the waitress did take my friends order for desert , but to make a point, brought only 5 spoons instead of 6, in case I , God forbid, will decide to try the forbidden food.
NEVER in my life did I see anything like this . I understand this place is a conveyer , not to be disturbed, but to go to such extreme , puts a really bad spin on the whole experience . Such a shame for NY restaurant. Sorry I even went.

• Visited October 2013