“Delicious”

Neighborhood: Manhattan
London
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

After reading about the long wait we decided to go to Ippudo mid week, pass on breakfast and go for an early lunch (we arrived just before noon). The plan paid of and we were seated in about 15 mins. We ordered the Hirata Pork buns, they were amazing, one of the tastiest things i have ever had. As an attempt to be healthy we ordered a salad and were not disappointed as it was also delicious. The ramen were nice but personally i wasn't bowled over by the mains (maybe because the starters were so good). However i would happily go back and be proven wrong! Definitely one for next time.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lyds76

• Korean first
Orlando, Florida
“This isn't your college Ramen Noodle!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

If gourmet Ramen noodles is what your craving, then you have come to the right place.

We were introduced to the gourmet Ramen craze on a previous visit several years ago. Each time we are back in NYC, my wife indulges me in my quest for that perfect bowl of Ramen. We have tried several of the other Ramen shops around NYC, but for me, Ippudo is the best of the bunch.

On this trip, we ordered one bowl of the Classic and one of the Modern with an egg added. We also started off with some of the pork steam buns.

As always, the food was all fresh and delicious. The pork steam buns were very flavorful and beautifully presented.

The noodles were fresh, but it is the broth that brings me back. It is very rich and full of flavor.
There is a different between fresh noodles and the dehydrated kind that we all had during our college years.

The staff was very attentive, engaging, and knowledgeable. The atmosphere is fun and a cacophony of sounds that you would associate with a local favorite hangout, where everyone knows everyone, and they are all there to enjoy the food and company.

As noted by other reviewers, the line can be long at times, even during off peak times, but the food is definitely worth the wait. So go have a bowl of Ramen and indulge!

• Visited June 2013
NSW
“Better than I've had in Japan”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love my food probably more than the average Joe. I've done a lot of travelling around the world mainly because I get so excited by food. This place was ah-mazing.

I was in NYC for 7 nights and ate here 3 times. Yup, couldn't get enough of the place, even if you do have to wait for a table. Check outs the cool bar - dried noodles make up the counter top. Über cool.

I couldn't go past the classic ramen each time. Broth is silky and rich, the pork is tender and juicy, the noodles are slippery and fresh. I have sampled many ramen bowls in Japan, but this one might just take the cake...I mean bowl.

The only downside? My addiction. Get there!

Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Good Pork Buns, Ramen was Ok”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This placed was packed as usual with a 1.5 hour wait. This place is bigger than Totto and has better decor. The pork buns are really good, but the ramen is ok. If you want ramen, you can't beat Totto! Overall, the food is pretty good and would definitely go back.

Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Mmmmmm..an excellent bowl of Ramen!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My son and his wife are foodies...they trek places hunting down a particular dish in any city they visit. In New York, they took me along to eat Ramen Noodle at the popular Ippudo Restaurant
They have already gone there for their dinner the night before, but making this visit for me!
We headed over from 54th St by cab at 11:00am to get a seat! Long lines soon form at lunch break....around lunch time in NYC
Finally it came_The bowl of ramen noodles
I ordered Akamaru with extra egg_mmmmmmmmm best ramen noodle this side of Japan!
Actually as I've never been to Japan (only sample some ramen noodles at Narita Airport in transit
(Does this count?)
Verdict: broth is so rich, white and creamy....as tonkatsu broth goes
The ramen Noodles....wow so fresh and had so much bite! (or al dente as the Italians say)
The generous slice of Katsu (pork) is simply tasty and tender.
Ahhh....the soft boiled egg (well the yolk had slipped into the broth, so can't comment, but believe it must be gooey but just cooked!); the egg white had hints of the marinaded flavor. Yummy
Oh yes it had the extra sauce on top....forgot what is called
And the special spicy paste...mmm.
Perfecto...slurp the broth ...bite into the noodles...munch into the pork....slip in the egg
Quite a thrill...it was sheer pleasure...eating this bowl of noodles
We had these appetizers: delicious wings,
Hirata (chicken) and Pork buns- meat wrpped in steamed bun
It was so tender and flavorful...the buns had very good texture!
Ippudo shop front and its interior is really authentic Japanese!
Low lights, and tasty morsel transport the diners to the land of Ramen Noodles!
The costs is so worth every slurp of it (for NY dining):b$14 extra $2 for soft egg
It satisfied my cravings for authentic Japanese Ramen!
Would I be crazy enough to make a trip to the big apple just for Ippudo.
Who knows?