“EEEsh”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Service was less tahn adequate. The bar name is perfect for the description of the washroom as it likely has not been cleaned since "1849" OMG you need a gas mask to use washroom here, not to memtion the staff is too immature to deal with anyone wanting to bring a client ot two.. Would avoid in daylight and would hope its not open at night...

1  Thank Randy D
There are newer reviews for 1849 Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed September 26, 2012

use to come here often for their happy hour and 20 cents wings. In my opinion, they serve the best wings in the city, so you want good wings, 1849 is the place to be. However, i pass by few weeks ago and saw tons of young kids waiting online to get in. Another good spot over run by broke college kids looking for a cheap meal and a discount alcohol. It's time to look for another good wing spot.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

After an evening of socializing, my husband and I were with friends looking for a real meal on a Thursday night around 11pm. We went to the village near Bleecker to find most of the restaurants and bars had closed their kitchen. We walked into 1849 and found a lively bar with a great jukebox on pumping loudly into the entire bar. The music was a great mix of current music. We sat near the jukebox and the bar in a living room like setting. The menu looks like typical bar fare and the men I was with all ordered typical bar food ranging from potato skins to burgers. But also on the menu are Mexican and Italian items that aren’t usual for a pub like bar in the village. I took a chance and trusted the menu when it said their Penne a la Vodka was an old family recipe. Before I get to the Penne, I will mention that the service was great and the bartender who acted as our server was prompt, friendly and fun. I also will mention my friend who ordered the mac n cheese talked about how great it was for days. Now, the penne was crazy good. It was creamy and you could distinctly taste the rich tomatoes in the sauce. I loved it so much I took it back to my hotel and wanted to rent a fridge so I could eat it another day. They were out of fridges in the hotel and they offered to keep it in the staff fridge. I said yes because I couldn’t think of wasting that awesome dish. When you walk in to 1849, don’t be alarmed by the filthy furniture and pub feel of this place. Kick back and enjoy some grub.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

1849 is a Bleeker St bar, it has great bar food, great beer and and a great staff. I always try to hit 1849 Happy Hour at least one time on my trips to NYC. I love their wings and the prices are the best on Bleeker St. The staff and the atmosphere is great. I highly recommend if you're in the neighborhood.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

The atmosphere is sensational—the best bar in Bleecker Street. They have multiple TVs showing sports which kept my husband happy. It has a western theme and large red velvet lounges to relax in.
Our meals were fantastic. Lunch or dinner is highly recommended.
Our waitress Chris was so incredibly friendly. It was like being served by an old friend.
We will definitely come back the next time we visit NYC.