“Yummy pizza, but could use more artichokes!”
Review of Artichoke Pizza

Artichoke Pizza
Ranked #131 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed July 19, 2014

After a full day of walking around the city, my husband and I were famished and decided to try this artichoke pizza many of our friends have been raving about. At $30/pie we considered just buying a slice each, but wanted some to take back home to MD with us (being born and raised in Jersey and NYC we both agree the pizza in MD sucks). We were able to order online via Yelp ahead of time, which was great because the line was out the door at 8pm (on a Friday). My order was ready for pick up by the time I made it to the front of the line.

The pizza doesn't have the typical NYC-style thin crust, but instead has a crust of ~1". The great part is, it's not so greasy that the oil penetrates the entire thickness of the crust. Also, the cheese they use is deliciously creamy. The only off-putting thing was that the cheese seemed to be floating on some kind of oily substance. On some parts of the pizza, the cheese literally slipped around from side to side. I couldn't decided if it was actually oil, or perhaps artichoke juice/marinade. Not wanting to miss out, I dabbed a little off with a napkin and used the crust to soak up the rest. My second gripe is that I wish they put more artichokes on the ARTICHOKE pizza.

Overall, the efficiency of the shop was pretty good despite it's small size and the line, and the pizza itself was pretty yummy. I will likely return, and would like to try some of the other pizzas on their menu.

There are newer reviews for Artichoke Pizza

Reviewed June 24, 2014

very good and big slice of pizza and a lot of cheese.
very small place and a few chairs to seat.
very good artichoke pizza.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Small restaurant seating area, pizza's are very very large so one Artichoke pizza should easily feed 4 or more. We made the mistake of ordering one for two and had lots leftover. This is an easy walk to the Highline walkway. Cost is average for NYC. Restrooms were ok and overall this place seemed clean. Waiter was not the best but again average for NYC. Not sure as to the sauce they use on the pizza, sort of reminded me of a cream soup, hope it was not that.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Everytime I go here I cannot wait to get that delicious slice of artichoke deliciousness into my mouth that I always burn my mouth! One day I will learn to have patience and eat it a bit slower. I have had all of their pizza slices, even the crab, and the artichoke slice is definitely the best around!

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

This pizza joint is a great example of New York style pizza. We are from Indiana and were on the hunt for the best slice of pizza in NY! This place definitely topped the charts for us, not to mention it was only $5 a slice. We ordered the crab pizza and artichoke pizza, I'd recommend both slices to anybody!

1  Thank Courtney C