2,042 results
All reviews free laundry port authority times square new york fridge freezer full size fridge laundry room small kitchen kitchen area longer stay hell's kitchen clean towels penn station few blocks coffee maker the empire state building queen bed
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2019 via mobile

The good: price, I think I paid $160 for a Thursday night stay. Location: right on the edge of Times Square. Cleanliness: room seemed fairly clean.
Kitchenette: I guess was good to have if you were staying multiple nights.

The bad: this is definitely just a middle of the road hotel. It's fairly beat up in terms of the lobby, elevators, and hallways. Not terrible but not great. My room had a faint cigarette smoke smell, but pretty much everywhere had a strong smell of weed. Room was pretty minimal. Flat screen TV from easily 10+ years ago.

Maybe I'm used to nicer places but I was glad I was only staying a single night.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ImYourDJ
Reviewed June 20, 2019

Booked this hotel for 1 night pre-cruise. Chose the 1 bed apartment to keep price down, for 3 of us.

Room was ok smaller than I was expecting but was fine. Kitchen had appropriate facilities and shower was good, with sufficient towels.

However, staff weren't helpful. On checking in asked what time breakfast was served. Was told we don't do breakfast. I had booked bed/breakfast was given a telephone number to ring and order. When it arrived it was cold. Not what I was expecting. Wouldn't have paid extra for this on booking if I'd known it had to be ordered in.

When checking out asked if staff could order us a taxi. They informed us that we had to go to the hotel next door and they would order it for us. Also, they were unable to print bill when checking out so they had to email it to me.

I knew the hotel was basic but I expected the staff to be more helpful. I'm glad we only stayed 1 night.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Erika F, Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2019

Dear Babs02,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding our staff.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Candlewood Suites hotels as a brand do not offer breakfast. In order to provide more convenience to our guests, we partnered with a 3rd party outside restaurant kitchen to provide an a la carte breakfast option.

Yellow taxis in New York City cannot be "called" - they must be hailed. Our Front Desk directed to our shared Concierge to assist with booking a car or shuttle.

So sorry to hear of your disappointment but we do hope you stay with us again keeping these travel tips in mind.

Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

Fabulous location. Ten minutes from Times Square by a walk. A 7 - eleven bang opposite. Convention centre close by. So save a lot of money on taxis and time on commuting. The room has a full fledged kitchen, microwave, stove and utensils for cooking and cutlery for seving. Fridge with ice maker and everything else you need. As a vegan this was extremely useful for me. I saved a lot of money by not eating out. The room is big and well quipped. Very reasonably priced.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Erika F, Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2019

Dear Manojoswa2,
Wow! We are so humbled by your review. We are so glad to hear your stay was of excellent value and service to you. We look to forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

Mr Kim chef engineer has helped me out in my hotel stay in many situations. I appreciate everything he has done and would love for him to know how much he is needed in his position with the hotel. He is very knowledgeable and helpful with any question or anything I needed in a very timely manner. Thank you Mr Kim.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Erika F, Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Dear Arcaytrucking,
Thank you for the kind review! Mr Kim must have really Wow'd you and we're glad to hear it!

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Good hotel great location friendly staff. Rooms not cleaned and no clean towels but you know what!! We knew this cos we read all the small print first!! You can get clean towels tho just ask at reception.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Erika F, Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

lindsey m,
We absolutely love your feedback and the fact that you "get" Candlewood Suites. We provide convenient,clean comfort to afford our guests their privacy when they are on the go. We hope you come back soon!