“Everything we were looking for and then some!”

Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square
Ranked #213 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Everything we were looking for and then some!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

The location was great - 10 min walk to the Empire State Building, Times Square, the Theatre District, Penn Station, and dozens of bars and restaurants. 20 min walk to Central Park. Everything you need is within 10 minutes - groceries, shopping, etc. We never had to take the subway or a can. If you're sporty or adventurous, it's a one hour walk to Battery Park/Lower Manhattan. The area felt safe and we felt right at home, especially with the stocked kitchenette in our hotel room. Te staff was top-notch, very professional, friendly, and accommodating. We really can't enough good things about our stay - highly recommended!!

• Stayed April 2014
MonicaNarvaez, Front Office Supervisor at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your kind words and recommendations! I am so happy our accommodations, service and location exceeded each and every expectation. We look forward to your next adventure in the city and don’t forget to contact me in advance! See you soon!

New York | NY | 10018

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Turkish first
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here December 7th - 13th 2013. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Hotel was close to everything. Thanks to the staff for recommending the Tick Tock Diner. It was our favorite restaurant.

Green Features: Like the message board for shows to see and places to eat. Staff was very helpful. They arranged a car to take us to the airport. Lot better than a taxi.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rodney W
MonicaNarvaez, Front Office Supervisor at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and found our accommodations comfortable and clean. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you back soon in NYC.

Cambridge, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Trip Advisor helped me to choose this hotel for my past stay in NYC, this past weekend for my boyfriend's birthday. The hotel was in a good location, about a 10 minute walk to Times Square. The hotel was clean, bed was comfortable, and the suite had a kitchenette. The room was a nice size to be located in New York. The hotel was a very good deal for the price, compared to other hotels. I'll stay here for my next stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our traveler community. We are delighted to read we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you for your kind recommendations! Please visit us soon. Happy Travels

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is a great hotel! I found a great deal for a hotel that's only 3 blocks away from Times Sq. The staff are incredibly pleasant and friendly. Just to note, this hotel is ideal for an extended stay. The room comes with a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, utensils, etc. I had no use for these as I only stayed a couple of nights, but, I did not mind. The room was super clean; bed was comfy, and the towels were soft. Because of the room set-up, there is no room service or continental breakfast. Again, I did not mind at all and if you don't mind this, please give the hotel a try - it's awesome! The staff really are friendly. The location is incredible - super close to Times Square and Broadway. A great deal!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello and thanks a million for such a great review! We completely exceeded your expectations, I am glad you loved everything about our hotel. Please visit us soon and don’t forget to contact me in advance. Enjoy your weekend!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is the first time my wife and I stayed at the Candlewood Suites Times Square and we loved it. The room was great, the view was even better. If possible get a room on the upper floor and pay a little extra for the "view" as it is well worth it. Great facilities, gym and free laundry. Plus the free coffee in the lobby was actually GOOD! We would definitely like to stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a higher level room. 32nd floor was amazing.
Green Features: There are plenty of "green" options including free laundry, real dishes in the room instead of paper cups, and the option to not have your room made.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from NYC,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on your most recent stay. Our view rooms are definitely worth it, beautiful views of the empire state building, the freedom tower. I am glad you enjoyed it during your stay. Please do not forget to contact us in advance on your next adventure in the city.

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

The staff is friendly, capable, knowledgeable, and professional. From check-in to holding the elevator to patiently instructing (a third time!) how to use internet service, no detail is too insignificant for staff to attend to.

Room Tip: When booking, state preferences. They will be honored.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
MonicaNarvaez, Front Office Supervisor at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Greetings from the big apple!

Thank you for your kind words, I am so delighted to read our staff was extremely helpful and courteous at all times. We pride ourselves with the service we offer our guest and ensure that at all ties our guest are being treated and looked after as family. Thank you for your time and we look forward to having you soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is the 4th hotel I have stayed in in Manhattan, and it is the best. Of course, it is not cheap, but this is New York City, and this hotel is the best bargain I have found there. . The location is first and foremost. It is just about 3 blocks from Times Square, and close enough to the theaters to walk. The room was larger than most I have found in NYC, and the best plus is the full kitchen. No, we did not cook any meals, but we could have. It was great to have a fridge with an ice maker, so we did not have to venture out to another floor for ice, and the fridge and microwave was great for heating up leftovers and for fixing breakfast, so that we only ate out for one meal a day. Free wi-fi is provided, and the room features a very comfortable desk chair, and a nice table/desk. The staff was very helpful, especially Sam. We could not arrange an early check in because the hotel was sold out the night before, but my luggage was checked, so that I could go on about my business, and when I joined the rewards program, I was able to arrange a 2 PM checkout, which really helped me to make the most of my stay. My daughter went down to the office, and they printed our TV show tickets free of charge. The free coffee, popcorn, and freshly baked cookies every day was a plus. The bed was comfortable, and we even had a view . There is a gym and a free laundry. What more could anyone expect in Manhattan? My daughter and I both said "This is it." From now on, on any visits to NYC, this will be our home away from home.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor, and I asked for a view of something other than trash cans. I was told that...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your most recent stay. I am glad our staff was helpful and you found our location ideal for your travel needs. Thank you for joining our IHG loyalty rewards program! We very much look forward to having you soon on your next adventure in the city. Don’t forget to contact us in advance, we would like to have something special prepared for your arrival!