“best place to enjoy new york from”

Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square
Ranked #231 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Kilkenny, Ireland
“best place to enjoy new york from”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

just back from new york we stayed from fri 15th march till tue 19th ,this hotel is excellent location everything is on your dooestep.all staff were very friendly and helpfull. what we enjoyed most was the space we had in the room a fully stocked kitchen and big bathroom.the room was very clean and bed very comfortable.we stayed on 4th floor room was very quiet .

1 Thank 186616Damien
Teresa V, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
British Columbia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was quiet and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The closet was very small. The room was equipped with fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher plus utensils, plates, and cookware. They gave us a room on the 29th Floor so we would not hear the street noise, and it was indeed very quiet. We were not aware before we checked in that this hotel does not offer daily room cleaning, but they were happy to provide fresh towels, etc. if we needed them and asked. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel even offered free laundry facilities with several washing machines and dryers.

The staff was constantly busy resulting in a wait every time we wanted to speak with them, but all staff, including the maintenance and housekeeping, were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of Times Square, Macy's, Madison Square Gardens, Broadway, etc. For the few times we actually used the Subway (which was very safe, by the way), the Subway Station was only a couple blocks away, so very convenient. The hotel is surrounded by eating establishments from mom and pop shops to fine dining restaurants.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a comfortable stay at a comfortable price.

Room Tip: The higher floors on the back side of the hotel are quieter because you don't get the street noi...
1 Thank TravelingAssociate
MonicaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Greetings from NYC,

Thank you for your feed back on your most recent stay in our property. I am happy to hear you found all of our accommodations comfortable and our location was ideal for your travel needs. It is always important to get a good night rest when you are exploring the city! Thanks again for your time and we certainly hope you choose us as for your next trip to the big city. Happy Travels.
Reisterstown, Maryland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My review of this hotel may be a little bias the greeting that hit me as I entered my room was above and beyond anything I expected. This trip was a birthday / anniversary combo and it was my first time visiting New York. Imagine my surprise when my husband and I entered the room to heart shaped towels and a bag a candy labeled Happy Anniversary! We checked in extremely late tried from a 7hr delay from a snow storm that didn’t happen and the candy was a much needed boost of energy. Check in was quick and easy. Apart from the welcome the room was a decent size, the staff appeared friendly and willing to assist. The hotel is just minutes from Broadway and everything else with plenty places to eat. The only con was no housekeeping. Usually I don’t think much about housekeeping on vacation because I don’t mind cleaning behind myself but for some reason on this trip I really missed it. I felt like a nuisance calling for tissue, towels and linens plus I don’t like stuff on the carpet and I really wanted to vacuum after 5 days in one room. However to be fair, they advertise once a-week housekeeping and you get a reminder at check in. All in all I would recommend this hotel to a friend but as for me I don’t think I’ll be visiting NYC anytime soon I found the city boring, over priced and way too dirty for me.

Room Tip: WiFi not that great, try to book closer to ground level.
Greetings from NYC,

Congratulations on your anniversary and your birthday. Two very special occasions we thank you for celebrating along with us. We are so honored for your praise and are glad to have been able to exceed all of your expectations. Don't forget us the next time you are celebrating another special moment and let us know in advance. We will continue to provide you with the highest level of service. Thank you and hope you have a wonderful day.
San Mateo, California
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights on business. The location is within a short walk from Times Square and only one block from the A-C-E subway line. The drug store Duane Reade is only one block away where you can get all your sundries. The room is very comfortable. It is a good size by Manhattan standards. The bed was very comfortable. The desk and desk chair were also very comfortable for working. TV has enough channels to keep me stay updated. The HD channels are truly HD (unlike certain other hotels that despite having an LCD TV chose not to subscribe to real HD channels.) The bathroom is clean and functional. The kitchenette is perfect for an extended stay. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Even maintenance and cleaning staff says “good morning” in the elevators. That is extremely rare in Manhattan! I was on the 5th floor but there was never any noise from the traffic from the streets below. I will definitely stay here again but I have a few suggestions for improvement. 1. I would prefer higher speed internet access. I find it a bit slow at times for work purposes. The system does not remember that I have already logged in for the day and I had to constantly log in on my cell phone and on my tablet. But free internet is well worth the minor inconvenience. 2. I found the water in the shower to be tepid and I would prefer it to be hotter. On a couple of occasions, I had to turn off and on the water a few times just to get the warm water. The Irish Bar up the block has surprisingly good food and there are many decent restaurants within walking distance. I ordered food for delivery from Ollie’s and delivery was swift with tasty food and excellent value. Overall the hotel delivered very good value and I will definitely stay here again whether it is for work or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Greetting from the Candlewood Suites family,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiecne with us. I am glad you enjoyed all of the in room accomodations and our saff was pleasant. We are at a great location! I am happy you were able to take advantage of all New York City has to offer. We appreciate all of your feedback and we will definitey continue to work on our services. Thanks you for your time and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Mililani
Reviewed March 16, 2013

First time in New York and after being warned to expect expensive but small rooms with nothing special, I was not expecting to get what I found. It was extremely overwhelming trying to pick a hotel so I've done my research in the little time I had since this was a last minute trip and read many of the reviews here and many other hotels but always came back to this one due to the numerous high remarks and yes the time they put into reading and replying to their reviews. It shows their level of responsiveness and they care to improve. Everyone was spot on when mentioning the great customer service (they held our bags since we arrived 9am and check in was 3pm and offered a restroom to freshen up), convenient location, cleanliness, adequate room size, kitchenette and supplies, comfortable beds, great water pressure & hot water (nice to take a hot bath after spending 12 hours in the cold exploring New York), working A/C, warm cookies, free coffee downstairs, laundry & workout rooms (although we didn't use these). We felt safe walking outside of the hotel and the neighboring streets, great view on the 29th floor, quiet, and didn't need to wait for elevator. Two drawbacks: one out of the five mornings didn't have internet connection but not a problem since we were on our way out and there's tons of cafes with free internet and bathroom could have a hook or two to hang towel(s) and/or clothes. Still, I would highly recommend this extended stay hotel to anyone. Any hotel I stay in must be safe, clean, and have great customer service. This hotel met all of these expectations so to get it at a great rate made it even better. Thank you Candlewood Suites for making our first trip to New York City welcoming and giving us five comfortable nights.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room with a view and they graciously gave us one. Room 2904 was quiet and we c...
3 Thank MDLMKP
MonicaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Greetings from NYC!

Thank you for sharing such a kind and helpfull review with our tripadvisor community. I can only imagine how challenging your search must have been, especially with so many options to choose from. I am glad our guest feedback and our genuine care impacted your decision in choosing our property. Our staff is dedicated to each of our guest and go above and beyond to make them feel at home. Thank you for allowing us to make your first trip to NY a memorable one! We hope to see you soon.
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have never had such an experience in any hotel. The mattress, the duvet, the pillows, the bedding, all work together for the perfect sleep. A quiet, simple pleasure in Manhattan. The room on the 31st floor was nice and quiet, high up above the street noise of W 39th Street. Monica at the front desk and the concierge were great and immediately made us feel at ease after a long flight and our first visit to New York. There's a full-sized fridge, a dishwasher and a garbage disposer in the room. The hotel is well-situated, within walking distance of Macy's and Times Square, close to the subway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings from our family,

How wonderful to hear your stay was everything you wished for and more, especially while visiting New York City. After a full day of exploring its very important to be able to go to your nice, comfortable bed and recharge your batteries for your next adventure! I am happy to hear our location was ideal for your travel needs and our staff was more than accommodating throughout your stay. We look forward to your next trip and don't forget to call us in advance.
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently went to New York for the first time and got lucky to have selected Candlewood Suites Times Square as my home for five nights. The kindness of its personnel was the first thing that caught my attention. Excellent customer service (Bilingual, eng/spa) at the lobby and in every corner of the facilities. Clean, warm and well supplied suite rooms are outstanding in all ways. I got mine in the 27th floor with a nice front view from where I could see the Empire State Building blocks away. A comfortable bed and a complete kitchen made me feel at home. I recommend every one planning to stay in New York for a couple of days to consider Candlewood at Times Square as a prime choice. I surely will return.

Room Tip: The location is amazing, near everything. You don't need to hire transportation from the airport...
1 Thank Juan C
Greetings from the big city,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are extremely pleased to hear all of your in room accommodations gave you the freedom to feel at home. The hospitality our staff offers is the genuine care we want our guest to feel when they stay at our property. We look forward to your next trp to New York. Until then we would like to wish you safe and happy travels!