“Terrible service!”

Brasserie Beaumarchais
Ranked #8,251 of 13,619 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Between 9th Avenue and Washington Street
Transit: A, C, E & L trains to 8th Avenue.
Description: “Drinking when you are not thirsty and making love at any time is all that distinguishes us from other species.”Discover the vibrant spirit of St. Tropez in the heart of the ‘tres chic’ Meatpacking District. Brasserie Beaumarchais embodies the philosophy of the French Renaissance man Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais from whom this charming and decadent eatery was named. A showcase of iconic artwork, live performances, and a rotation of European DJ’s make this restaurant the destination in New York City. The brasserie-style menu features classic French dishes with modern twists and seasonal ingredients, while the lively ambiance draws guests from around the world for our famous champagne Brunch parties and thrillingly inventive bottle presentations. Whether you come for the delectable food or the exciting ambiance, Beaumarchais delivers an unforgettable dining experience.
ny
“Terrible service!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had my birthday party here and was dissapointed because I expected a lot more. First of all, the "bouncer" did not let one of my guests in because he wasn't wearing "appropriate clothing". He was dressed in a button down, jeans and nice sneakers. When we were all seated, the waitress called me "my love" for the rest of the evening which I did not like at all. She also had a snotty attitude. She told us that we were not allowed to order mixed drinks and had to order bottles for the table instead. I thought that was ridicilous, especially since the cheapest bottle was like $300. The plates were taken away so fast that my guests and I barely touched the food. The final straw was when I came back from the bathroom and my table was split in half and another party was settling at the table!!!!!! We didn't finish paying the bill and yet the restaurant decided it was perfectly normal to split the table and leave my guests standing while we finished paying. Maybe my experience would have been a more pleasant one if I was with 2-4 people and not at my own birthday with 15 people. I don't think I'll go back though to find out...

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank lilinka25

“Over priced for a Living Social deal.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband bought a Living Social deal for this restaurant for $90. We arrived there at 7pm a Tuesday night. No guest was in the restaurant when we arrived. The Living Social menu was poor. The food was nothing special and over priced for it's value. They served us wine for $15 a glass and the glass was 1/4 filled. The service was very good. We left at 8:30pm and we were still the only one there. Overall the food was very pricey for what it was, there was no ambiance but the service was very good. We will not eat there again.

Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Fun place that grows on you...”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Beuamarchais is in Manhattan's trendy meat packing district. The service is very attentive, but not too much so. The steak tartare was above average and the fois gras was even better than that. The wine list was very good, but pricey (Manhattan standard). The entrees and sides were above average, but not excellent - we had top sirloin, salmon, lobster, creamed spinach (too much crust on top and a little dry) and asparagus. We arrived at 8 on a Friday night and the music (DJ mix of dance tunes from 80s - present) was already loud enough to make conversation a little difficult. As the night progressed, the music got louder and the patrons - bar and dinner - started having a lot of fun. The waiters got into the music and danced together too. We left around 10 pm - long before the place would have really started getting fun, but we were there long enough to enjoy the energy. We brought our 16, 18 and 21 year old kids and they thought the place was pretty cool.
Bottom line, don't go here to have a nice, quiet french dinner with your date. And this isn't 5-star cuisine. But, it's a fun, trendy place that starts out fairly lively and gets more so as the night progresses.

• Visited December 2012
Miami, Florida
“Beaumarchais takes Sunday Funday to a whole new level!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Amazingly energy with incredible music! I had more fun dancing there than on any Friday or Saturday night out. Such a blast! I would do it again every time I come back to NYC. Thanks Beaumarchais!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank nicolasiso
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very nice place!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Very good place in west village where to have a long lunch or start drinking at 2PM and finish at 7PM..! Food is very good as well as drinks!

Just a bit over priced, but worth going and checking it out.
During the weekend it is better to reserve (although not sure reservations are accepted). It has outside seats which are extremely nice during the summer

• Visited September 2012