“Go To For Half Price Sushi”
Review of Sushi Park - CLOSED

Sushi Park
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: East Village
NYC
“Go To For Half Price Sushi”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

They make great rolls here...many different varieties that it is usually hard to chose which one to get. The only thing that I am not such a huge fan of is that they use hot rice to make their rolls. Apparently this is common and traditional, but it makes for warm sushi and I am not too crazy about it. Nevertheless they make some good sushi and good noodle soup. I like the udon styles.

Visited June 2014

NYC
“go elsewhere”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I rarely ever write reviews,,,,but I am COMPELLED to write one for Sushi Park. One of the worst dinners I've had in nyc in years!! I'm a native new Yorker!! Beef teriyaki tasted like beef jerky, paper thin and dry. Tonkatsu ramen was tasteless and bland. shrimp tempura batter was thick and heavy, Fried chicken on the bento box was reheated ultra dry...batter thick, thick, thick. everything was pretty AWFUL!! I was shell shocked how awful the food is yet how busy and bustling the restaurant was??!!!
Other patrons mentioned the 50% off ALL sushi all the time....NOT TRUE....just certain sushi rolls....and if you jack up the price 50%....you should reduce it by 50%!! no one would pay for any sushi roll for $30.00 (the original price)!!! GO ELSWHERE!!!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Valueseekingtraveler
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exquisite !”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I went to this Sushi place for the first time and the food was delicious, the people are so kind and they make sure you have what you need. They gave a good recommendation for Sake, which I got the Plum one. I recommend it but it gets very crowded so note that you'll have to wait to get a seat.!

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“I used to love this place”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have eaten here pretty regularly since about 2000/2001. I often stop for a late lunch on Saturday while running errands in the neighborhood. Food generally good, service varied over the years. BTW...you will never see the same server twice. I hadn't been there for a while, and stopped there today. It was about 3:00 PM, and there was only one table with customers. Odd. I headed to my usual seat at the sushi bar, sat down, got up again after about 30 seconds and left. The heck with the food....the noise level was deafening. LOUD music...a sound that you would expect to hear in a rock club, not a local sushi restaurant. I do hope that the owner and or manager reads these reviews.....noise like that will keep customers out. Fix it.

• Visited September 2013
“Good Sushi - Horrible Service Staff.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Now knowns as SUSHI PARK. You can change the name but the service is the same. It's horrible in everyday! I've been going to Sushi Park for years and have now actively started looking for another spot in NYC to have sushi. If the sushi wasn't so good I would have stop going a long time ago. It's come to the point where it doesn't matter how good the food is - if the service sucks and they are not trusthworthy - the food starts to stink! If you know what I mean. On several occasions they gave themselves a $20 tip on a $30 bill. YES you read it right. Please check you bill. There is a young Asian girl - she's very greedy for money. Watch her! The tables are made of wood. It has no kind of protective coating (polyurethane, table clothe etc) and when you put your hand on them you will feel the greasy film. No matter how they wipe them down the dirt is IN the wood. On countless occasions, I've take my young daughters. The moment I go to the bathroom a Mexican male staff ran over to them to whisper sweet nothings into their ear! My daughters are 15 years old!!!! I had to actually put him in his place. He stop talking to me or waiting my table......, GOOD! The staff is totally unprofessional. They are THE WORSE! Do Not Trust them - not for a second. Oh and by the way - I've told the manager about some of these incidents - Nothing Happened......, NOTHING! Ps - The music (Euro Pop) is annoying to say the very least! Oh and don't sit in the back room - it STINKS!

Visited June 2013