“Great Curry in Garment District”
Review of Go! Go! Curry!

Go! Go! Curry!
Ranked #2,937 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, Fast Food
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great Curry in Garment District”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We arrived in NYC too early to check in so we stopped in here for a quick lunch. Located just east of the Port Authority on 38th between 7th and 8th. There are a few tables and 10 seats at a counter along the wall. The menu is pretty straightforward and there are a lot of pictures of the food all around. The ambiance was quirky with an homage to a Japanese baseball star and hand drawn pictures of your curry options. There were two of us so we chose the MVP Grand Slam. Rice, two sausages, pork cutlet, chicken cutlet, boiled egg, breaded shrimp, and a ton of curry. The portion was huge and the perfect price. Everything was very good. The curry was full of flavor. There was hot sauce at the table to spice it up a bit more. Overall very great value for the money and very quick! Glad we stopped.

• Visited November 2011

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value curry Japanese resturant”
Reviewed January 15, 2011

It's a good value place for Japanese curry in NYC. The food is average but it's cheap and can definitely fill you up if you are hungry.

You can read more about the food I ordered on my blog: http://www.ricendine.com/2011/01/mega-curry-plate-go-go-curry.html

• Visited January 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice little Japanese fast food. Quick and cheap! I wonder why would they put Rice and curry only up on their #1 on the...”
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Nice little Japanese fast food.
Quick and cheap!
I wonder why would they put Rice and curry only up on their #1 on the combo menu though.

“Good & fast curry”
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Good & fast curry

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Okay I gave it a one star. I have a bias I have to admit. I hate the owner. He looks down at you like you are a...”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Okay I gave it a one star. I have a bias I have to admit. I hate the owner. He looks down at you like you are a gorilla unless you have gorilla breasts for him to suck on. I first met him at the NY Restaurant Show a few years ago. I said his curry was good--it was good back then. He said, "Yeah." Then I went to his restaurant and the curry was different and the atmosphere was comfortable as being stuck in an elephant's nose. Sorry, the curry is not that good.