“The view is the only plus!”

P.J. Clarke's on the Hudson
Ranked #1,280 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Financial District
Salt Lake City, Utah
“The view is the only plus!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I think this place is an insult to diners everywhere. I felt extremely ripped off leaving this place. Our waiter was incredible and the service overall was fantastic. Too bad about the food. They have a perfect location but I won't be going there again. I had their homemade chili which wasn't bad, but I couldn't believe the size for the price. Everyone in our party was disappointed with the food overall. It's just a shame.

• Visited August 2012

United Kingdom
“Nice outdoor eating location”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We ate at PJ's several years ago and had a terrible experience. We wnt to eat at Southwest NY to only find it closed. We therefore had only one option where we could eat outside near the financial centre - this time it was an altogether better experience.

The food was good, with decent service and a great outside seating area overlooking the small marina.

• Visited June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Skip the hamburger”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was rather naive to think this would be like the PJ Clarke's of Chicago (of which I am a big fan). Went here with my girlfriend for dinner. We'll start with the positives here...I think the view of the Hudson is nice and they have a great outdoor seating area. The waitress was also very attentive and friendly. We came around 6PM on a workday, so the place was very busy. I like the parmesan tater tots and think these are worth considering. Much like the other reviewer, I would advise you to skip the burger. It was $10 for a terrible burger that did not even come with fries. We then proceeded to order a dessert (a cobbler I believe). I was shocked to see that they charged $3 for less than a spoonful of whipped cream on top of it which they considered "a la mode". I don't want to sound cheap here, but the quality of the food is (based on my one experience) certainly not worth the price. Go for a drink, get some tots, and enjoy the outdoor seating.

• Visited May 2012
new york
“Lucky the view isn't on the menu”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Lovely view, but the food is awful. Terrible hamburger, tasteless fries. A real tourist trap. If you must go there, just get a beer or glass or wine. Don't think that they could mess that up, but I wouldn't take bets on it. There are plenty of other options nearby, so be advised accordingly.

• Visited April 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Good food, but great location!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We went to the World Financial Center location and sat out on the patio. The view is great and we watched the sunset as we ate.
I have to say the burger I ordered was barely passable at a restaurant like this. The bun was stale and the meat was overcooked. I had asked for medium-well, but this was past well-done ($10 for a plain burger!!)
Their mac and cheese was excellent though and so was the lobster cake sandwich. Also keep in mind the sandwiches don't come with fries, so you'll have to pay extra for those. The onion strings were really good and the regular fries were decent.
The service was excellent though (so I probably should have sent my burger back to give them a second chance, but I was starving). Our waitress checked up on us several times and refilled drinks also.
Overall, if you're in the financial district and really hungry, there's not alot of choices, so this one is a good bet. Especially if you like a good view. It can get crowded, so plan accordingly. Otherwise, hop on the subway and you can get to a better food area within 10 minutes.

• Visited April 2012