“Great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bar Boulud

Bar Boulud
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #738 of 13,552 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 64th Street
Transit: Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center subway stops are within blocks of the restaurant. Local Broadway bus lines stop directly in front of the restaurant.
Description: Bar Boulud is Chef Daniel Boulud’s casual wine bar and bistro located across from Manhattan’s Lincoln Center. A sumptuous array of house made charcuterie complements classic bistro cooking at both lunch and dinner. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner seven days and offers pre- and after-theater dining as well as a four-course weekend brunch for $32.00. Outdoor dining is available on the Broadway sidewalk terrace seasonally. We offer a 3-course prix-fixe at lunch for $29.00 and a $45.00 price fixe menu for dinner, as well as a la carte options. Three private wine themed dining rooms adjacent to the walk-through wine cellar are available for private events.
Macomb, Michigan
“Great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have always wanted to try one of Daniel Boulud's restaurants. It really was worth every penny.
It is a small place with great ambience!
The food was just outstanding!! We had shared a beet salad with crumbled blue cheese and walnut cream which was so tasty and refreshing.
For the main course, I tried the sea bass. So buttery and light ! My guest ordered a lamb ragut. I didn't taste it, but he really enjoyed it. Not huge portions, but just enough.
The wait staff was friendly and knowledgable. We loved the entire experience!

• Visited February 2013

São Paulo, SP
“A Delicious french-new yorker experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was every cent worth! we (my husband and I ) went to a kinda second honey-moon to NYC and after eating cheap and surprinsingly delicious food all around the city, entered in Barboulud (he reserved a table) to get exactly what we expectted for: upscale french cuisine , great service a good wine list for a reasonable price. I strongly recomment for a special date.

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“A taste of Boulud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went there for lunch during restaurant week and had the $25 pre-fixe menu. The pate grand-mere was good, the sea bream was very good, as was the macaron dessert. The wines are a little on the pricey side. Yes, the service tended to be on top of you, but they were pleasant about it, and this restaurant is across from Lincoln Center on Broadway, so I would not expect it to be a place where you can linger and have the ultimate dining or lunching experience. If that is what you are looking for, try his pricier restaurants, I suppose, although for me, this was my first experience in a Boulud restaurant, and it was perfectly fine. My friend and I were happy to have the experience. For $160, including tax, tip, three glasses of wine, espresso and coffee, this is pretty much what I would have expected. It is a very nice addition to the Lincoln Center restaurants, and people were turned away without reservations. We were lucky to get in without one.

Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“A whole otha level!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you've never been to a Daniel Bolud establishment and you like food, you are depriving yourself from a culinary experience like no other.

Simply put, I've never had food that tastes so good!

Daniel is a master of masters, the restaurant, service, dishes are elegant, unique and most importantly super yummy!

A must visit!

Visited January 2013
Washington,DC
“Really a charcuterie”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My daughter and I went there last week during restaurant week. We had been to other Boulud restaurants, but we didn't realize that this one specialized in pâtés and cold meats. We enjoyed our cold plates, nevertheless. The service was above average.

• Visited January 2013